Views
Helpful
Replies

Limited access for configuration assistant

jzientek83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to allow a non-admin rights into the configuration assistant, so that they can only make certain changes.

An example would be:  Someone from a communications department wants to make changes to the auto attendant message.

Thank you for any help.

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jim,

The Office Manager is still very limitting in my opinion.  You specifically mentioned changing the AA.  You can configured the UC to permit Users to administer the AA prompts.  They can then dial the Prompt Recording Extension and change the AA.  This is configurable in CCA under Telephony->Call Handling->Auto Attendant then the Prompt Management tab.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jim,

I would encourage you to use Office Manager 2 for that, it has limited functionality compared to CCA and is best suited for making the ad-hoc adds/moves/changes and is simple for a lay person to use.

Give it a shot

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Triad,

Thank you, I will try that.

Take care,

Jim

Jim,

The Office Manager is still very limitting in my opinion.  You specifically mentioned changing the AA.  You can configured the UC to permit Users to administer the AA prompts.  They can then dial the Prompt Recording Extension and change the AA.  This is configurable in CCA under Telephony->Call Handling->Auto Attendant then the Prompt Management tab.

Hello John,

After testing the Office Manager I have to agree about its limited options.

The idea of the psuedo admin having to be on the same vlan as a production box bothers me a bit as well.

I am going to proceed with the CCA option.

Thank you,

Jim