cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line-key BLFs fail after upgrade to 7.4.7

adam.baird
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading my SPA504G to version 7.4.7 my BLFs are no longer working.  If I downgrade to 7.4.6 they work again with no configuration change.  Has the BLF configuration process changed with 7.4.7?  I didn't see anything about it in the release notes.

The BLF subscription succeeds and Broadsoft sends the NOTIFYs but the BLFs stay orange and unresponsive.

I can still get BLFs to work with the 500S sidecar on 7.4.7, but not on the linekeys.

I'm using Broadsoft r16sp1.

-Adam

8 Replies 8

adam.baird
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

Cisco 504G - I've verified that this happens no matter the protocol, UDP or TCP.

I've discovered the problem that caused this issue on both the 50x and 525.

This issue is due to a behavior change between firmware versions 7-4-6 and 7-4-7 involving the way the Cisco phone behaves when configured with a BLF_List_URI parameter under the Attendant Console Tab.

Prior to version 7-4-7 the phone would allow a line-key BLF to function correctly when the BLF_List_URI parameter was configured on the Attendant Console tab as long as the Attendant Console was also not enabled.  However, when you enabled the sidecar you could no longer use a BLF on a linekey.

Post 7-4-7 the phone no longer allows a line-key BLF to work when the BLF_List_URI parameter is populated EVEN if the Attendant Console is not enabled.  If you want a line key BLF to work then you have to remove the URI from the BLF_List_URI field.

This presents a provisioning problem for me.  Prior to the firmware upgrade I was using a Broadworks system variable %BWBLF-URI-1% to populate the BLF_List_URI parameter.  Broadsoft automatically populates with this variable with the BLF URI when the BLF service is confiured for the user.  At that point I would control whether or not I wanted to enable the Attendant Console by using a custom tag to set the UNITY_1_ENABLE parameter to yes or no.

This allowed me to configure the BLF service, then choose whether or not to use a line-key blf or enable the auto attendant.  Either way I chose to proceed, I only needed to perform one additional step.  If I wanted to enable the Auto Attendant I set the Unity_1_Enable parameter to yes.  If I wanted to enable a line-key BLF I built the extended function on that line key.

Now I have to drop the use of the %BWBLF-URI-1% system tag because once that tag populates the URI to the configuration file I have no choice but to use the Attendant Console, and as mentioned above that tag is populated automatically once you configure the BLF service for a Broadsoft user.

The net result is that I will need to add an additional manual step to configure the Attendant Console.  I'll need to add a custom tag to manually add the BLF_List_URI only when I want to use the console and not when I want to use a line-key blf.

-Adam

jleepingtone
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I can't get BLF to work on SPA 525G with Broadsoft R17sp2.  I have been doing BLF on Polycom for 3 years so I would say I have most of the config correct. But 525G just refuses to display any BLF contacts. SIP subscribe and notify all respond with OK.  SPA525G is running the latest firmware 7.4.8.

Jonathan,

I'm working now on r16sp1 after I made sure that I was not populating the BLF URI to the attendant console parameter (even when the sidecar was not enabled, this broke BLF).  Has this ever worked for you or did it work until you upgraded to a newer firmware version?

If you would like to post your config file I'll take a look.

-Adam

I removed the BLF URI from the attendant console tab and manually added

fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=monitorinuser@bwproxy.com;usr=monitored-user@bwproxy.com

The speed dial works. But the  LED just blinks orange and there is no notification even when there should be. Is there a way to export the config from the web gui?

Yes,

http:///admin/spacfg.xml

-Adam

Adam,  Got it working!!

fnc=type;sub=stationname@$PROXY;ext=extension#@$PROXY

extension#@PROXY has to be the userID in Broadsoft, not the lineport / SIP address.  I do not have the expansion module/attendant console, so I can't test the BLF withe automatically generated blf contact list, but this works for configuring BLF on the empty extensions.  It would be fun to come up with the device template for this device ;-)

cheers

Nice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: