1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kebrenna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matthew,

Go here and choose your version of CUE.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html?mdfid=278535672

Then under "Unity Express Utilities" you should see the CUCE Editor.

Thanks,

Kevin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

kebrenna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matthew,

Go here and choose your version of CUE.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html?mdfid=278535672

Then under "Unity Express Utilities" you should see the CUCE Editor.

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

In notice there are quite a few versions of 3.0. My CUE version simply says 3.0 not 3.0.x. How can I tell which version exactly I have?

Also there is huge jump in version numbers from 3.2 to 7.0.  What is that about?

I recently installed CCA 3.0 and noticed there are quite a few new features that prevoiusly required CUE to configure. Is CCA trying to do all that CUE web interface does?  What is the stratagey there or overlap.  Any doucments outlining this?

Thanks

CUE is in the 8.x realm now.  I suggest an upgrade to the system (the whole SW Pack).

CCA 3.0.1 does in fact have many of the things that existed in CUE editor and CME GUI.  One stop shop.

Supported that way too.

Hi Steven,

Yes I upgraded to the 8.0.5 pack.

While there are many enhancements, it still very dispointing that really basic telephony and AA functions require the CLI or CUE.

Even baiscs like extensions that do not have phones associated with them cannot be labeled on the phone without the CLI.

A key system AA basic like detecting a fax call and sending it to fax extension is not something you cannot do with CCA yet.

My fear is by the time this really becomes a small business product that can be reasonably admistered as easy as a key system by the business itself, UC500 will be end of lifed.

The required knowledge to get this thing to work makes the cost of ownership way off the charts.

Hi I'm trying to download the software in the link you provided, but I have this message "Additional Entitlement Required", do I need a service contract in order to download this software?

If so what if there is no service contracts available on my country?

That is unfortunate because Cisco is not releasing the download to UC500 users that should have access to it. It has been so for a long time and it seems nothing is being done about. Try contacting a reputable consultant or certified Cisco partnert and chances are a solution will be found.

Hi lazuniga99,

You will need a relevant contract or have the device be under warranty in order to download software.  If you are a partner I recommend calling the partner helpline or opening a case and seeing if you should have access to the software.

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: