Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SPA942 softkey with Asterisk

MauroManici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have some Linksys SPA942 attacched at an Asterisk Box (Elastix 1.5.2-2).

All my IP Phone have Software Version 6.1.5(a) and Hardware Version 2.0.3(1269).

When the IP phone is in OFF HOOK status, i see that only 4 softkey are available, is not possible go right with the navigation pad for see/use other softkey.

I make me this question, because i have another installation with the same IP Phone (SPA942) and a Linksys SPA-9000, in this installation more than 4 softkey are available on the IP Phone.

Is intresting for me have the possibility to configure other softkey (for example the Cal Pick Up Function) but i not understand how the IP Phone in relation with the PBX configure and handle the softkey button.

Thank all.

Mauro.

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

The spa9000 is able send the info to the spa9xx phone.

To customize the softkey with other vendors, we do have the programmable softkey parameters in the spa5xx series of phones.  This would be seen in the Phone tab and scrolling down to Programmable Softkeys.

Thanks nseto.

So, no way for know the info that i need and if is possible in any way send it to the SPA942? Only SPA9000 can be able to send the necessary info to the SPA942? I think that is anything like XML or not?

Thanks.

Mauro.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: