cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live Record calls are a bit choppy

leealanmoreau
Level 1
Level 1

We use SIP Trunks on the UC520 and they work fine, call quality is great.  I just set up Live Record as that's a handy feature, however whenever we do it, as soon as the conference starts, the call quality sounds a bit worse.  It's not choppy as in its cutting in and out, it's almost like it pops and cracks every once in awhile.  I don't think it's so bad that the other party would complain or anything, and it doesn't get so bad that you can't understand the person, but it's definitely worse quality than without it. 

I always use my bank account IVR menu to test calls since it's long.  To give an example, normally it will sound like:

"For loans, lines of credits, or credit cards press 1.  For GICs, term deposits or mutual funds press 2."

But when I do the Live record that above phrase would be almost like:

"For loans, lines of credit, or credit ards press one.  For GICs, erm deposits or mutual unds press 2."

Something along those lines.  Playing back the recording sounds the same as well.  Any ideas what might cause that?  Not a deal breaker, can live without the functionality especially since you have to pretty much tell the person to hold on a sec while I start the recording, but weird it does it.  I don't have any FXO lines I could test with.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which IOS version are you using ?

It's not the latest because I just bought this system off a partner that bought it and never used it, so I don't have any Cisco.com accounts or whatever not sure what I need to buy to download them but here's what it says:

Software pack : 8.1.0

IOS Image: uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-2.T2

Voicemail version: 8.0.3

Update to latest SWP, 8.6.1. Check documents area are for relevant info.

Thanks, unfortunately I'm stuck with the version I have I think as I bought this system from someone who bought it as they are a Cisco partner and bought it to demo to customers.  He told me even though he is a Cisco partner he can't download software anymore.  So when I try to download any newer versions it wants me to have a valid Cisco account which I don't have.   That's the one question I had, I guess I just need to buy a CIsco support contract in order to download all the latest software?

As mentioned before:

Follow link in document and you will find yourself.