cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live Record Questions

Stacey Gaskell
Level 1
Level 1

I've just set up Live Record for a UC540 customer for the first time, but with some issues.  I'm working with Cisco support, but having a very difficult time getting timely answers.  Do any of you know:

1.  The recorded message, a very small test message of about 20 seconds, took about an hour to deliver to the user's voicemail box. Is this normal?  It seems excessive.

2.  When looking up how to set up Live Record, I came across a 'How-To' article that stated the recorded message would forward to email if set up for the user.  The recorded message did not forward, and Cisco is telling me that it WILL NOT forward.  What is the use of Live Record if we cannot get the message off the voice server?  Is this true, and if so, have any of you come up with a work around?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

jeliasoncisco
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Have you tried to logging into the Web Inbox on the Cisco Unity Express for the End User?

You may be able to download the message from there. Try http://ciscounityipaddress/user

Then login with the phone's username and password.

Kind regards

Jordan

I ended up finding a way to get the messages to forward through the CLI.  Works perfectly; however, we cannot get rid of the exactly one hour delay before the message delivers - to the phone or email. Regular voice messages deliver immediately.  Recorded messages show up an hour later.  Cisco's only answer is to upgrade the software pack and try again.  We'll see if the customer will go for it, even though the one hour delay makes me think that there must just be a setting "off" somewhere.  If so, Cisco couldn't find it.

Thank you very much, though, for taking the time to reply.

Stacey

Hi

Sounds like your voicemail time may be off. Check the Cisco Unity Express Time using the CLI.

Jordan

What's the command for that?  You would think it would be much easier to find.  :)

Stacey

Of course as soon as I post that, I find it.  (show clock)  The date and time are correct.  Ah, well.  I thought that would be it, too.