cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for answers to end user questions.

bmbailey
Level 1
Level 1

1: Two callers are on hold, when transferring one of them, that call goes directly to that extension and my connection with that extension ends, without my being able to announce who’s calling.

Example:  If Caller 1 is on hold for ext 204 and Caller 2 is on hold for 216, when I hit transfer 204 to transfer Caller 1 to that ext, it doesn't give me the option to tell the user whom I am transferring.  It just goes automatically to her and it ends my connection to her.

2:  If you have a call that is blindly transferred, the caller should be able to press “0” and go back to the operator so that a written message can be taken instead of voicemail.

3: How do you navigate through a call on hold, an active call and an incoming call?  When the first person in the hunt group is on another line, it rings directly to the second person in the hunt group.

4 Replies 4

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

It would be best to post your config so that we can understand what is going on.  Please remove passwords from the config.

For question 2, you can allow people to press 0 to get out of VM. 

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1445#Can_a_caller_zero_out_of_the_voicemail_How_do_I_set_the_zero_out_destination_

For number 3, this depends upon the type of phone you are using.  Could you provide more detail?

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

in the case of #1, This is normal and expected behavior as the line has reached max parties and cant do consultative transfer in this case.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/19756#19756

Steve

Thank you Steve.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brian,

1: Two callers
are on hold, when transferring one of them, that call goes directly to
that extension and my connection with that extension ends, without my
being able to announce who’s calling.

Example:  If Caller 1 is
on hold for ext 204 and Caller 2 is on hold for 216, when I hit transfer
204 to transfer Caller 1 to that ext, it doesn't give me the option to
tell the user whom I am transferring.  It just goes automatically to her
and it ends my connection to her.

If you are running your phones as Dual-Lines then you would have reached your maximum available lines, if you want more then you may need to consider changing your Ephone-DN's over to Octo-Lines, but i wouldnt recommend this on every phone as it does take up resources on the system, which could otherwise be reserved for other major feature sets (Conferencing et'all)

2:  If you have a call that is blindly transferred,
the caller should be able to press “0” and go back to the operator so
that a written message can be taken instead of voicemail.

You an set the Zero Out option in the GUI administration page, just log into it (Default is 10.1.10.1) and then go to navigation "Voice Mail", and then "Mail Boxes" and put the number you want the call to Zero out too in the field provided, i think this is your better option if you did not go the octo-line path.

3: How do you navigate
through a call on hold, an active call and an incoming call?  When the first person in the hunt group is on another
line, it rings directly to the second person in the hunt group

I wish i knew how to answer this question as it is a really good one :)  Also i am not sure if i am understanding your question here properly, i am hoping you might be willing to elaborate further on this so i can try to understand what you mean and what you want to achieve.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *