Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum SSLVPN sessions on UC560

SteveOrfanos
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

We have a requirement for 22 retails outlets (1 handset per store SPA525G2) connecting back to HQ (UC560) via SSLVPN.

I know the UC560 defaults with 20 SSLVPN licenses however is there a theoretical maximum on the UC560. (Potentially we can front end it with the SA540 which will scale for SSLVPN sessions however we would like to utilize to 20 that are part of the UC560. We could do a mixture of both if UC560 has limitation beyond 20)

Also will the PC connecting to the back of the handset be part of that tunnel or would we have to initial a SSLVPN Web connect also.

Many Thanks

1 Reply 1

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Steve,

I'm not aware of any theoretical maximum on SSLVPN connections. I would assume that if 20 is the amount listed, that there is probably a hardware/software/usuability issue that caps the SSLVPN connections at 20. I would not advise exceeding that maximum as it would be an unsupported configuration.

The PC switchport on the phone is usable when using the SSLVPN connection on the phone. However, the PC connected to that switchport is not connected to the VPN. So the PC would also need to VPN into the HQ network.

Let me know if you have additional questions regarding this.

Thanks,

-john