cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetMe Conferencing Half Works After Upgrade to 8.1

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

Meetme conferecing worked perfect before the upgrade to 8.1.  The site is on a SIP trunk for phone service.  We have a DID setup to ring to the meetme conference number.  When I call from our office using a SIP trunk from the same provider, it works no problem.  When I call from an AT&T analog line in our office, it says the number is disconnected.  When I call from my cell phone, it just rings open.

Anyone have an idea on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason,

When I call from an AT&T analog line in our office, it says the number is disconnected.

This one concerns me, I wonder if you ring any of the other numbers on the SIP trunk does this happen when calling from an AT&T phone as well?? If not then it would seem that the call is not routing properly.

When I call from my cell phone, it just rings open.

This one tells me that your cell phone provider does have a route to the ITSP, so I would love to see some CCSIP debugs on this incoming call.

It all sounds like there is something wrong with the call routing, it would be interesting to see if any of the calls from other carriers actually get correctly routed by your ITSP and or if those said carriers even have that number range in their call routes.

Just a thought

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jason,

When I call from an AT&T analog line in our office, it says the number is disconnected.

This one concerns me, I wonder if you ring any of the other numbers on the SIP trunk does this happen when calling from an AT&T phone as well?? If not then it would seem that the call is not routing properly.

When I call from my cell phone, it just rings open.

This one tells me that your cell phone provider does have a route to the ITSP, so I would love to see some CCSIP debugs on this incoming call.

It all sounds like there is something wrong with the call routing, it would be interesting to see if any of the calls from other carriers actually get correctly routed by your ITSP and or if those said carriers even have that number range in their call routes.

Just a thought

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

There was a routing issue with Nexvortex's underlying carrier.  Once they fixed their issue, I was good to go.

How is Netvortex to work with Jason?

Fred Fromm is their CEO and I worked for him for many years in Siemens.   Just curious how they are treating our partners (I'll call him if I have to) :-)

Steve

We have had pretty good success with Nexvortex.  The support has been good.  The sales reps have been helpful.  Lately, we have been having some quality issues but I am not sure if it is the Cisco box, ISP, or Nexvortex.

Ahhhh, so they let you BYOB (no demarcation router)?

Right.  That is pretty nice.  You can have a customer up and running on SIP in a couple of minutes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: