cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

message alert not working

miketpsl2011
Level 1
Level 1

I have a spa525g2 connected to uc320w am receiving voice mail which is stored on uc320 however notification does no appear on the spa525g2. a manuel reboot of the spa525g2 brings up the message alert light the when message deleted altert goes away. this is a recurring issue which I dont know about until someone leaves me a message which I only become aware of when I randomly chech my voice mail. current firmware 7.4.8 (012j)

5 Replies 5

Hi Mike,

How is the SPA525 connected to the UC320W?  Is the SPA525 getting an IP address on the voice VLAN (10.x.x.x)?  Are you seeing this behavior on a group voicemail monitor button or on the primary extensions voicemail?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris

SPA525 is directly connected across about 20 metres of cable and a patch lead from rj45 plug on wall.

is getting an IP address in the voice VLAN.

have only noticed this on this single phone have tested another phone on the network without seeing this fault.

have since activated voicemail to email in order to ensure receipt of messages.

mike

Hi Mike,

How frequently do you see this happen?  How many voicemail messages are typically deposited on this phone in a given day?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

I dont get a lot of messages which makes this fault all the more trying as on the occassions that I do get one I would like to know that it is there. Has no one else experienced this problem. as numbers per day messages are infrequent most calling is outbound.

cheers

mike

Hi Mike,

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the SPA525?  Settings button -> 8 Device Administration -> 5 Factory Reset -> OK

Chris