cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Misc issues caused by password recovery on UC540

marc.reiter
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new client that has a UC540 and did not know the password for it.  We did a password recovery by booting it up without loading the startup config and set our own password.

Since then several issues have been popping up.  The first was that the autoattendant was not answering.  We found that the Integrted Services Engine Interface was not running.  The phone button template also changed and a few other small issues.

The thing I'm hung up on now is the multi-site configuration.  They said they used to be able to call another location they have by their extension, but it is not working now.    If I open the Multi-Site Manager in CCA, it says a problem was detected "VPN Pass-Through does not exist in the firewall".   My only options are to remove the multisite configuration or to cancel.

I checked the running config and it looks like there is a VPN tunnel configured.    I checked their firewall (Linksys E2500), and there is a setting for VPN Passthrough, and it is enabled.

What else could be holding this up?  I'm not familiar with the multi-site setup on these.

Thanks,

- Marc

1 Reply 1

Dennis Bigelow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc,

It seems to me that the UC may have been previously configured with CLI. When you use CCA it will re-write the configuration to CCA specs. The partner before you may have configured it without using CCA. Unfortunately you maybe in the situation where you may have to default and reconfigure with CCA.

You can call the SBSC 1-866-606-1866 and have one of us take a look at it for you.

Regards,

Chris