cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring extensions across multi-site configuration

John Carney
Level 1
Level 1

I have a multi-site configuration with UC540 at the primary, and UC520 at the secondary.

The primary receptionist is at the primary site. There is a 7961 with 7914 sidecar on the receptionists desk. My question is, is there a way to put extensions from the secondary site onto the 7914 as a monitored extension?

I tried to create a "ghost phone" with the prefix + extension for the secondary site, but since the number of digits in the extension is 4, the GUI gives me an error when I try to put that in there.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? Maybe it could be updated via the command line, but that would cause errors every time the GUI was opened and likely wouldn't allow me to save the configuration.

Thanks for any help.

jc

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a way, using presence and electing one site as "presence" server for all the other sites, that will register their extension status to it. The details are in the CME configuration guide.

However I'm quite positive that this is not officially supported by Cisco/SMBS, and not by CCA, so if you want to try, it, you have to go into that path with knowledge of the situation. For me personally that is not a problem because none of my sites is maintained with CCA and they work perfectly, however other people may want to do differently