Views
Helpful
Replies

More than 8 FXO lines on the UC540

Levi Halford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for possible solutions for adding an additional FXO line to a UC540 as well. Mine already has the additional VIC2-4FXO module and all FXO ports are used. From reading the Manuals, Release Notes, and Forums, it sounds like the 8800 will only support additional FXS ports. I have not found a solid answer as to why that is. It seems like it would be a hardware/platform overload issue for the UC540 to support more than 8 FXO lines. Is this assumption accurate or is there something we can do about it?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct. For more than 8 circuits, upgrade to ISDN PR. It will be cost convenient, and will give much bettter working and features.

I appreciate your prompt response. I know what ISDN BRI and PRI signaling is.  However I am not sure I understand your response.  Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "upgrade to ISDN PR". 

I mean ISDN PRI, that you can ask your telco about.

Or even a SIP trunk would be advantegeous instead of many analog circuits.

A sip trunk would definitely be a better solution than 8 analogue lines but depends on the internet connection the client can get I guess.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: