Views
Helpful
Replies

More WBPN and SPA3xx questions

wfoo00001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've searched for issues similar to ours but couldn't find any posted solutions and I hope to find some guidance.

This is what we have for Cisco Hardware:

UC 320W (FW 2.3.2 (6))

Phones:

SPA 508G (1), 303 (2), SPA 301 (6)

WIFI options: WBPN (FW 1.01 (6 - 1 which got "bricked" after a FW update to 1.02).

Setup:

All phones work as as expected when wired.

Issues:

When the WBPN is introduced, 301 phones can call to wired non-301 phones just fine, however any calls to other 301 phones (wired or not) or outside numbers will dial, but no audio/voice is present once ther receiving party answers. Wireless 301's will receive calls from outside but there's no audio/voice. Again, this is only when connected to a WBPN.

The UC320W is connected directly to the internet (no firewalls in between).

So my question: Are there any known issues in regards to the SPA 301's and the WBPN?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Wlad,

we have done some testing.

Can you please check that you have completed the same steps as in the document attached?

Regards,

Friedrich

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

fscharz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Wladimir,

do you see on the WBPN under WLAN setting the SSID that was configured on the UC320W?

Is the dongle receiving the IP from the data or voice VLAN?

Regards,

Friedrich

Hi Friedrich,

Yes, the WBPN is registered and seen on the UC320W and it does receive an ip. I can dial to other extensions as long as they're a non 301. the 301s can also take calls from other non 301 SPA's. If a call comes in from other 301 phones or from the outsde (voip), it goes dead when picked up.

I also noticed that the WBPN on any other phone (508G, or 303) does the same thing - no voice as soon as the horn is picked up. I noticed this a week after I posted my original post, so I've come to the conlusion that it must be a seting with the WBPN and the UC320W. The 320 is set up for both voice/data.

The WBPN is set up using the defaults since it registered fine.

Wlad

Hi Wlad,

we have done some testing.

Can you please check that you have completed the same steps as in the document attached?

Regards,

Friedrich

Thank you Friedrich! I will test this out today and report back. If you've done testing on either a 301 phone with fuly functional comm - I know this will work on our end too.

Regards,

Wlad

Friedrich,

I got it working! But I didn't actually follow everything in that doc to the letter.

I  got out a WBPN that had previously joined our Voice lan on the UC 320W,  hooked it up to the 301. I verified on the UC320W that it was connected  by comparing the MAC addresses. I logged in to the WBPN as well just to  verify settings - the log displayed that it was connected to the UC  320W

Oct 21 15:52:09 wlan0: WPA-none PSK authentication in progress...

Oct 21 15:52:09 wlan0: Open and authenticated

After the 301 initialized and assigned to a user, it worked as expected.

I  did the same with a few other WBPN's which were never connected to our  UC320W and did the same - all through WIFI - never had to hook it up to  the UC directly.

I think the initial issue was the WBPN  connecting directly to the data lan instead of the voice lan - this is  the only difference I can think of. Thanks again for sharing this  document - hopefully it will serve others as well!

Regards,

Wlad

PS,  the current firmware (1.0.2) as listed in the WBPN download section  will render the WBPN completely useless. We have 1 we tried upgrading  from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2.

Hello Wlad,

that is fantastic that it works.

Can you please rateful answers?

Regards,

Friedrich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: