Helpful
Replies

Multi - site with UC300 series?

Dear community,

I'm kindly asking a suggestion for this situation

SITE A ---- VPN ---- SITE B ----- VPN ----- SITE C

PBX                  PBX                    PBX

ISDN A               ISDN B                 ISDN C

Each site has got its own phone lines and at least 10 extensions. For example site A has got extension numbers 1xx, site B 2xx and site C 3xx

Each extension should talk with any other extension of the other sites dialing directly the extension number.

Is it possible to realize this small project with UC300 series appliances or shuld I use other hardware instead?

Thanks in advance

Ric

4 Replies 4

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The UC300 will not support this today.  The UC500 will allow you to do this, with the slight difference that extension  dialing between sites is performed with the adition of steering digits to select the remote site.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dear David,

We really need remote site feature (over VPN IPsec) in UC300. I heard from your collegues that you plan to add it in future releases of firmware.

Looking forward to that!

Regards,

Dimitry

Understand the desire for the feature - we get this request a lot.  It is something that is being worked on at the moment, and hopefully we will have at least part of it in a firmware update sometime in the first half of next year.  Support for remote phones and remote sites is something that is likely to happen in stages over a couple of firmware updates, and it's still a little too early to be able to say definitely when it will get done and exactly what it will look like.  We'll try and keep everyone updated through our regular roadshows and the like as the situation develops.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dear David,

thanks for your explanation. Unfortunally I'm preparing a project now and I need this feature. Is there any case study, documentation or other else for deploying such kind of project with UC500 series appliances?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: