Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Schedules and Auto Attendant in UC560

Tiziana Cassar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have configured two schedules in UC560 using CCA 3.0.1 (office_hours and break_time).  I have then configured two auto-attendants. AA1 is used for office_hours and AA2 for break_time.  AA1 is working fine.  However, when it is break time, AA2 is not being used, instead the menu for closed hours in AA1 is used.  If I swap office_hours and break_time as AA2 and AA1, then break_time is ok while office_hours settings do not work.

Internally, I can dial both AA extension numbers and get the correct prompt.  The problem is when an external call comes in.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And the external calls lands where ?

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

It is not going to work the way you have it setup.  The incoming call are being routed to AA1, and the only place the call can go from there is to "open" or "closed" hours greeting.  The call will not be automatically transferred to another number, like your break time AA.

Here is what you can do to get it to work the way you want:

1. Setup a floating extension.

2. Setup "Night Service" on the floating extension to direct calls to AA1 during work hours, and AA2 at night.

3. Setup AA1 with a break schedule, with the closed prompt being used as "break" AA.

4. Setup AA2 for a closed prompt to be used for actual closed hours.

5. Direct "external" incoming calls to the floating extension you created.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren,

I got to points 1 to 4.  How do you set Direct "external" incoming calls to the floating extension created?

Thanks a lot,

Tiziana

Hello Tiziana,

You can configure the incoming call handling in CCA under:

Configure > Telephony > Dial-Plan > Incoming

You will need to adjust the extension you DID is being directed to.  You will want to direct your DID number to the new floating extension.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The problem is that I want both AA to have the same PSTN number.  I want an external call to PSTN main number on the T1/E1 line to get directed to AA1 and AA2, so that an external caller to the main number will get directed to AA1 if office hours and AA2 if break time.

I don't know how to do that...it seems that on an incoming call to the main number, it will pick the first AA it finds.

Any ideas if this is supported?

Tiziana

Hello Tiziana,

Here is how it will work.

Main number will be directed to floating extension.

Floating ext: Direct to AA1 during daytime hours.

AA1: (According to break schedule) Play open hours prompt, or play closed prompt during break time.  Just configure "closed" prompt as your break info.

Floating ext: Re-Direct to AA2 during closed hours. (Night Service)

AA2 will play your closed hours information.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren,

I managed to create a DID translation from the main number to the floating extension (890).  When I dial internally to extension 890, I get forwarded to AA2 (ext 896).  However, when I enable the night service on the reception phone (ext 110) I still get to AA1.

Can send you some screenshots, maybe it will explain better what I am doing?

Thanks,
Tiziana

Hello Tiziana,

If you like, you can give us a call, and we can help you configure this.  That would most likely be faster than trying to set this up and get screenshots..

Support Number: 1-866-606-1866

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Everyone,

Would this be easier to accomplish using the CUE script editor and time of day, see rough mock up:

Best,

David

TAC Support just said it is not supported...I spent 4 hours with them on the phone only to be told in the end that it is not supported.  I tried calling the number you gave me but they wanted to open the case anew.  I don't afford another 4 hours on the phone as I go live this evening!

Any tips?

Hi David,

I logged into the Cisco Unity Express to try and do a new scipt.  Can a script with "Distribute Time" be done with the UC560 as I cannot find it?

Thanks,

Tiziana

Hi David,

The script editor I have is the one below:

Hi Tiziana,

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What you have there is the built in script editor express. You can download the standalone CUE script editor here:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282825559&softwareid=282774364&release=7.0.6&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Edit to add: I think there are also some sample scripts that may help you out there as well. Here is also the Unity Express Script Editor guide.

Best,

David

Hi Tiziana,

Just wanted to check in and see if you were able to make a script that suits your needs. I also found the link to a bunch of sample scripts that you may be able to modify (looks like the first one does a different type of day of time):

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282825559&softwareid=282774365&release=7.1.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Best,

David

Please remember to rate helpful resonses and identify correct answers.