Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on Hold stopped working

I have a UC500 thats been running for a couple of years now, in the last few weeks the moh has stopped working. When a call is put on hold the person on the other end simply hears a beeping. I have checked that the moh audio file is in the correct place and the uc500 is set to use that file.

When I run show voice port summary it shows the moh port 0/4/0 as seized all the time (see below), I thought this could be causing  the problem.

I have done shut and no shut on port and rebooted the system but nothing seems to clear this.

Can anyone suggest a possible resolution to this?

voiceport.PNG

11 Replies 11

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wireless endpoints or Ethernet?

Line to line calls or Ingress only?

SIP Trunk with codec negotiated ?

Were lines recently added to paging groups?

all endpoints are ethernet, all calls come in from pstn on fxo to auto attendant, no SIP trunks, no changes to paging groups.

Only change recently has been addition of an analog phone on fxs port

SO local line to line extension calls put on hold, hear MOH?

Also, do local line to Attendant calls then put on hold or transfered hear MOH?

No calls at all have music on hold

If they come through auto att it is the same as internal just beeping, no music

Hi There,

A couple of things to look at:

• MOH File on the flash card has become corrupted and is no longer readable
  • Flash card has formed bad sectors and the MOH is in the firing line
  • Reload of the system, by reload I mean a full power down and power back up, an IOS reload has never resolved this issue for me but a complete power down and up has
  • Delete the MOH file and reload it with a fresh one

These are the first things I do, if still no joy then I dig deeper and venture into the head butting wall territory.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David, I think he said internal calls work, or did I deduce that incorrectly?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I think if you re-read all his posts you will see that no calls placed on hold internal or otherwise would get MOH, they would just get a beep.

In the past when that port has for some reason locked up a complete power down and power back up resolves the issues, shutting down of the port and bringing it back up does not work, not even a reload. In this instance the power down trick worked as it has many of times for me in the past.

I cannot say for sure if this is a bug in the system as this is the only other time I have seen someone report it, I just assumed I was the unfortunate one for this problem to happen to.

According to the last post this issue was resolved, I guess it was forgotten to mark the thread as answered

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, that's the next logical step, replace the file. CCA allows you to convert a file fir MOH and places it on the flash for you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks guys,

I will give your suggestions a try and let you know

**Reload of the system, by reload I mean a full power down and power back up, an IOS reload has never resolved this issue for me but a complete power down and up has **

This fixed it for me

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help

Your welcome

Cheers,

David.