Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI and GDM

tearl42
Level 1
Level 1

GReetings to all,

I have a UC520 and I have a 1 SIP inbound that rings a blast group to ring the phones around my house, but I would like to have it so when someone leaves a voice mail that the MWI goes on all the phones...

I found an old post (from 2008)...

" x511 is a shared line with a corresponding GDM mailbox

• x512 is a blast group with members x501 (phone A), x502 (phone B), and x503 (phone C) say
  • x511 is call forward all to 512
  • The blast group at 512 forwards on no answer to voicemail
  • x511 is assigned as a button on each of phones A, B & C

When an incoming call comes in to x511 it is immediately forwarded to the blast group at 512, and as a result, x501, x502, and x503 ring. After 15 seconds (or whatever the no answer timer is set to), the call goes to voicemail. Because the call went to x511 first, it winds up in mailbox 511. After the message is left, an MWI ON message is generated for x511, which results in the envelope icon being displayed next to the x511 button on each of phones A, B and C."

However, I can't seem to get this to work. Has anyone implemented something like this (or this) and gotten it to work?

Also, is there a way to change the outgoing message on a GDM? I tried to log in to the mail box but it just tells me that it's not valid... Sorry I'm still alot new to most of this...

Thanks,

Tom

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tom,

If you are configuring this system using CCA then you can make every extension a member of that GDM, this may not have been done.

A tell-tale-sign of you being a member of the GDM is that when you log into your VM (Pressing the envelope button) you should be presented with option "9" usually straight away if there are no VM's on your personal extension.

The other alternative you can consider is setup a floating extension instead of a Blast Group GDM and set your BG timer to point to this Floating Extension and also set a Permanent CFWall on it to the VM, you can then assign this FE to a button on one of the phones and you should be able to log into its VM if you are a member of it

There may be some other ways to skin this cat, but they require a little more depth.

Hope this helps you out

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Ok, that helps, but how do you monitor that for VMs?   

Hi Tom,

Ok, that helps, but how do you monitor that for VMs?  

Pretty Good question bud

Actually I do not have an answer for that, I would have though as being a member of it, you would see an envelope on the screen or even the light glowing, hmmmmmm man on a mission now to get an answer for this one

Will check and see what notifications can be applied to a GDM, maybe the best way would be to just use IMAP for now and have one person retrieve it (But not delete it) and distribute it to the appropriate person(s).

Is IMAP and option for you?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

This can work like you want it to.  The trick is, you need to be able to transfer directly to a voicemail.  CCA does this with the leading digit 6:

511 w/ GDM call forward all to 512 Blast group.

512 Blast group to 6511

You could also make 511 a personal mailbox in this scenario, then have one password to check that voicemail box.  Either way you prefer.

Regards,

Adam Compton