cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

MWI not working with SIP Trunk

Hello all.

I have a problem that I need help with.  I recently installed 3 UC540  for a company with 3 locations.  The main location uses a SIP trunk to  Paetec and the satellites use PSTN.  I had the entries "bind control  source-interface BVI200" and "bind media source-interface BVI200" in all  of the configs.  MWI was not working so I called TAC and after getting  yelled at for an OOB config, the tech agreed to help.  He removed the  bind lines from all 3 configs and the MWI started working immediately.   However, the main branch could no longer call out on the SIP trunk.

Any ideas how I can fix this at the main location?

Thanks!!

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi William;

I suggest you call the support center again, as they know already your configuration for the previous case. I think it will be the shortest path for resolving this issue.

Regards
Alberto

Highlighted
Beginner

I guess you are right.  I had to perform some OOB here due to the customers network configuration and the providers requirements, but I guess I will have to give them a try and see what comes up.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hello.

Is it possible that calls you're originating could be now coming from a different IP address on your UC, and as a result traffic being blocked by a firewall restriction ?

Or could it be that your Service Provider is using IP authentication and you're now coming from a different IP ?

Adam

Highlighted
Beginner

Re: MWI not working with SIP Trunk

I don't know if firewall or authentication are playing a part.  I've added my edited config so maybe that might shed some light.  I did more testing and as soon as I removed the "bind control source-interface BVI200" command, I can refresh the MWI and everything looks good.  But as soon as the users try to place an outbound call over the SIP, they get a fast busy and "unknown number" on the phone. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

OK.

The next step would be to debug some SIP traffic when trying to make a call.

If you can, please post the output of debug ccsip messages when making a call, this might offer some hints.

Adam