Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not working with SIP Trunk

William Cobb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I have a problem that I need help with.  I recently installed 3 UC540  for a company with 3 locations.  The main location uses a SIP trunk to  Paetec and the satellites use PSTN.  I had the entries "bind control  source-interface BVI200" and "bind media source-interface BVI200" in all  of the configs.  MWI was not working so I called TAC and after getting  yelled at for an OOB config, the tech agreed to help.  He removed the  bind lines from all 3 configs and the MWI started working immediately.   However, the main branch could no longer call out on the SIP trunk.

Any ideas how I can fix this at the main location?

Thanks!!

5 Replies 5

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi William;

I suggest you call the support center again, as they know already your configuration for the previous case. I think it will be the shortest path for resolving this issue.

Regards
Alberto

I guess you are right.  I had to perform some OOB here due to the customers network configuration and the providers requirements, but I guess I will have to give them a try and see what comes up.

Thanks!

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

Is it possible that calls you're originating could be now coming from a different IP address on your UC, and as a result traffic being blocked by a firewall restriction ?

Or could it be that your Service Provider is using IP authentication and you're now coming from a different IP ?

Adam

I don't know if firewall or authentication are playing a part.  I've added my edited config so maybe that might shed some light.  I did more testing and as soon as I removed the "bind control source-interface BVI200" command, I can refresh the MWI and everything looks good.  But as soon as the users try to place an outbound call over the SIP, they get a fast busy and "unknown number" on the phone. 

OK.

The next step would be to debug some SIP traffic when trying to make a call.

If you can, please post the output of debug ccsip messages when making a call, this might offer some hints.

Adam