cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need to configure a ephone without a user

wayne
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 desks that we are putting phones on that no one sits at right now. They are empty offices. What is the best way to configure phones so that each desk has a phone on it if someone wants to use it with out having to put in a username and password?

5 Replies 5

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

If you are using CCA you will need to populate the required fields.  When you get someone that will sit at the desk permanently then you can modify the name.

I would rather use cli . Is there a way to do it without entering a username?

nevermind. I went in and did it. you can use CLI and setup the ephone without using the username and password. I started to think about it, this is used for voicemail, and we don't have voicemail setup on those phones. I hope thats right.

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

If you are referring to the "username password " line under "ephone" -- this command is not even required for a phone to operate. That login is used only for TAPI (and some other rarely used APIs). Voicemail is unaffected by that username as well -- that information is stored in CUE.

Daniel Placek wrote:

If you are referring to the "username password " line under "ephone" -- this command is not even required for a phone to operate. That login is used only for TAPI (and some other rarely used APIs). Voicemail is unaffected by that username as well -- that information is stored in CUE.

Nitpick, ephone username and password are also needed if you want to give GUI access to users, for example to setup their own Call Forward preferences.