Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need to restart UC560 every day

I did a factory restore and reinstall on UC560 using CCA3.0(1) last Friday.

It was working fine on that day. But Monday morning except one phone all other phones start downloading files.

Then did a restart on UC560 all back online and worked. Then again Tuesday middle of the day it started to do the same thing. One phone registered all other phones are deceased, so I had to restart the UC560 and ESW switch again.

uc560 is directly connected to internet through a four port switch. all the phones are connected to ESW-520, and that is connected to UC560.

ANY Idea

Thanks

shameer

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shameer,

I was going to respond to your e-mail till I seen your post, it is best to deal with this on the forums so you can be helped by more than one person

After having looked at the network topology and remotely looked at how things are configured I would need to ask the following questions:

• Does the UC-560 still issue out Data DHCP? So is there an ip dhcp pool for data??
  • Before you restart the system have you looked at the topology screen in CCA to see if the switch is still visible?
  • Does your ESW-520 have the latest firmware? I believe in an older version this was a known issue
  • If you do not reload the UC-560 and only just unplug the trunk cable from the ESW-to-UC560 do the phones come back to life again?

Since we last spoke has the network topology changed? The previous configuration might have been setup the way it was due to this very reason, but this does not mean it is right and you just need to narrow down on what is causing this problem and actually fix it instead of masking the problem with a work around, such as the way it was done before you coming onto the scene and taking on the task of re-building the system.

Lets start with the above questions before we move onto other ones.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shameer,

I am glad it is all working now for you

The other issue you emailed me to me might also be best to ensure it is up on the forums as well, but I will still try to help you with it if I can but just invade I am busy or asleep, having others comment might get your problem resolved quicker

If this particular issue is now resolved can i please ask for you to mark the thread as answered so others may benefit from it with searches.

Cheers,

David.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

econsystems
Level 1
Level 1

I had similar stuff happened a while ago at a client.  It was certainly not this bad, but similar.  I replaced all the uplink cables to high quality CAT6 cables.  It has been a long time (months) that this crazy stuff has not happened.

Also, confirm, when the phones are down, can you ping the UC and CUE from a computer which is connected via a phone.  Double check your VLAN settings and make sure there is no other DHCP for voice VLAN besides the UC.

Are you using SPA phones or some other series.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shameer,

I was going to respond to your e-mail till I seen your post, it is best to deal with this on the forums so you can be helped by more than one person

After having looked at the network topology and remotely looked at how things are configured I would need to ask the following questions:

• Does the UC-560 still issue out Data DHCP? So is there an ip dhcp pool for data??
  • Before you restart the system have you looked at the topology screen in CCA to see if the switch is still visible?
  • Does your ESW-520 have the latest firmware? I believe in an older version this was a known issue
  • If you do not reload the UC-560 and only just unplug the trunk cable from the ESW-to-UC560 do the phones come back to life again?

Since we last spoke has the network topology changed? The previous configuration might have been setup the way it was due to this very reason, but this does not mean it is right and you just need to narrow down on what is causing this problem and actually fix it instead of masking the problem with a work around, such as the way it was done before you coming onto the scene and taking on the task of re-building the system.

Lets start with the above questions before we move onto other ones.

Cheers,

David.

Hi David

thanks for your post. managed to fix the problem.

1.s there is an ip dhcp pool on UC, but the ESW switch is getting an Ip address from SA520 on data netword.

2.so the CCA topology was showing SA520  as well. then i figure out there is a cable connection between the dummy switch and ESW. So removed the cable. and restart. then the ESW

got ip from UC560.

3.en check the ESW software image (1.0v) and boot loader (1.0.0.02). upgrade the to latest versions 2.1.1.9 and boot 1.0.0.04.

now the telephone system working fine. thanks for your valuable support

thanks

shameer

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shameer,

I am glad it is all working now for you

The other issue you emailed me to me might also be best to ensure it is up on the forums as well, but I will still try to help you with it if I can but just invade I am busy or asleep, having others comment might get your problem resolved quicker

If this particular issue is now resolved can i please ask for you to mark the thread as answered so others may benefit from it with searches.

Cheers,

David.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: