cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to turn off Remote Party ID on SPA502G phones using UC320w

drstokes76
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a SIP provider and outbound calls are failing and I think the culprit is Remote-Party-ID being enabled on the phone by the UC320.

How can I disable this?

Thanks

Darren

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darren;

Who's the service provider? You will need to open a case to SBSC in order to get a PMF created for this purpose, if it is really the RPID causing the issue.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto

Its Bandwidth.com.  I'm looking at the RPID option because other posts have suggested it could be this based on what I'm seeing in the logs.  On the phone I just get Forbidden when I try to make any outbound call but I'm not sure if this is coming from the UC320 unit or from Bandwidth.com, their support has been a little slow in getting back to me.

Inbound calls work fine.

Darren

Hi Darren;

I replied on another thread but just for the sake of other knowing what happened. Please open the case on SBSC. As Bandwidth.com is not a validated SP, they will need to look at the trace. RPID does not seems a reason for blocking a call, this may have more to do with the identity configuration. I may be wrong.

Regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: