Views
Helpful
Replies

new features for uc320

maltenriederer
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco-Team,

There are already some threads open regarding the implementation of new features. Some of them are maybe not more actual, so I open a new discussion to have hopefully answers on the following feature requests:

• PPTP-Implementation: It's still not possible to get PPTP running with the UC320. (Teleworker)
  • Remote-Phones: It's still not possible to connect SPA phones remotely to UC320
  • Dial-Plan: With the new firmware 2.3.2 (6) there was one great improvement: "Return Call without Edit Dial". But it doesn't work for Austria.
  • "Enhanced Caller ID Directory Mapping" - also new in version 2.3.2 - but doesn't work.
  • soft-phone: annouced many times and since years. promised by Cisco. Still not implemented.

I hope that someone from Cisco can give me a qualified answer incl. a timeline!!!

Greeting from Austria.

Matthias

4 Replies 4

nmanglik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Matthias,

The teleworker and softphone features mentioned in the posting above are been re-evaluated by the team. There is no commitment yet on these features.  

Regards,

Nitin.

Hi All,

Following the discussion on new feature on UC320 with 2.3.2.6 release. I couldn't really get how  do we configure the Roaming user under the Dialing Privileges page. As per the description it looks more like single number reach. However couldn't get thru more details on as to how do we configure it.

Would appreciate if anyone has tried this please share their experience.

Regards,

Purvi

This is not very reassuring as to the future, and Cisco's commitment, to this platform, as these features (teleworker, softphone, wireless portable phone, etc.) have previously been touted as "on the roadmap". Being "on the roadmap" and being "re-evaluated" are different objectives.

It appears that the UC320 is just a repackaging of the SPA-9000 + the SPA-400 without the ability to use the SPA9xx phones. What a disapointment and missed opportunity for Cisco.

"The teleworker and softphone features mentioned in the posting above are  been re-evaluated by the team. There is no commitment yet on these  features."

any news?!?