cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New features in Cisco Unified CME 8.5

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I have read over the CME administrator guide, and here are the new features added in CME 8.5:

• Support for 8900 and 9900 series phones
  • Customized button layout
  • Ability to assign URLs to buttons on IP phones
  • Timeout no longer has to be set for voice hunt groups that have call forward no answer set
  • Support for feature policy softkey control on 8900 and 9900 series phones
  • Immediate divert in SIP mode
  • Overlap dialing support
  • Park monitor for 8900 and 9900 series phones
  • Support for SSL VPN client on 7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G, and 7975G phones
  • Phone user interface for BLF speed dial
  • Programmable line keys
  • SNR enhancements

Will any of the new CME 8.5 features be available on SPA500 and SPA300 phones on the UC500 platform with the 8.5.0 software pack or later? Will there be CCA support for any of the new CME 8.5 features at the time of the 8.5.0 software pack release?
2 Replies 2

Hi,

Mr.John how about JATPI in CMe 8.5 it support in this release, to communicate with Ip-Telephone Recording.

Thanks

John,

Looking at the UC500 roadmap, there is not an 8.5.0 software pack listed.  The next release will be software pack 8.2.0, which does not use CME 8.5 or higher.  So those features will not be included in the release which is planned for the end of this month.  Then next release - Software Pack 8.6.0 will include a later version of CME, and may include support for the new features you listed.  I am sure that the CCA team will be working on adding additional features to the next release once CCA 3.1 is finalized and released this month.  If there are certain features you would like to see, I would suggest adding them to the CCA Feedback page for consideration in the next version of CCA.

Roadmap:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9827

CCA Feedback:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12628

Thank you,

Darren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: