Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New firmware 2.3 When?

Hi,

24 hours ago, I had my first  experience with a UC320W bought for a customer.

First impression was great. For me is the device with the best GUI ever seen before. You can clearly and easly configure even advanced features.

But after the first impression I was very disappointed with Cisco expecially for three main reasons:

• no Softphone support;
  • configuration possible only with GUI, and device locked for skilled administrators;
  • supports only SPA5xx and 3xx phones. Official cisco datasheet advertise "IP-based telephony supporting the Cisco SPA300 and SPA500 Series IP Phones" without escplicitally define the word "only" is somewhat misleading!

No softphone support caught me off guard. Expecially if think that UC320 is a Asterisk based device.

Unfortunatelly softphones support was one of the main requests of my customer.

So I would be glad to know when will be available a new firmware release with softphone support feature, and if there will be other cost to charge.

Without this feature I have no choice that send back this device to my distributor.

Thanks,
Gianluigi

5 Replies 5

nmanglik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gianluigi,

Currently features for release 2.3 is being re-evaluated including softphone support. Please stay tuned for updates on release 2.3.

Regards,

Nitin

Hi Nitin,

thanks for your reply.

For the moment I had to change product for my customer.

But I will look it forward for this new update.

Cheers,

Gianluigi

Hi Nitin,

with the softphone support will it also have support for remote office workers as well?

can't wait for this update, any ideas roughly when the general releaase will be?

thanks

Hamish

Hamish,

Like I mentioned in my previous posting, currently features for release 2.3 is being re-evaluated. Release 2.3 is expected to be released in fall time frame.

Regards,

Nitin.

Hopefully, by fall someone will realize implementing dialing plans would be good.