our customer has ordered SIP trunks and this is the config information provided

SBC/Proxy IP:        85.133.58.137:5060

Authentication:      Remote IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, REMOTE PORT - 5060

Assigned DDIs:       0177948xxxx–0177948xxxx, 01313000670–0131300xxxx

DTMF Method:         RFC2833

No. of trunks:       16x

Session Timer:       1800

Profile:             Generic SIP

Registration isn’t required, we operate a trusted service – we authenticate from the remote IP and port number.

Is there enough information here to create a template?

The SIP is provided by VIBE.

Thanks

Graeme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

H Graeme,

The CCA SIP Service Provider XML file for VIBE is attached as requested.  Due to some outstanding issues in IOS, CCA limits configurations to a single voice codec.  This file for VIBE specifies G711alaw. If you need G729, another file will be needed.

If you have not already, please update your CCA to the latest version, 3.1.1.   From Configure > Telephony > Ports and Trunks > SIP Trunk, under Service Provider select the 'Add' option and provide the location of this file on your PC. 

Also take a look at this document for some more information and tips on SIP trunks on the UC500:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9830

Let us know how it goes and whether you need any further assistance.

Laura

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Graeme,

Could you please explain why you need an XML file. Are you not able to configure the SP with the fields in the SIP trunk config on CCA?

Hi Navin,

The main difference so far from CCA's Generic SIP Trunk Provider seems to be registration.  Generic SIP will configue the UC to register the caller ID main number while Graeme indicates that no registration should configured.

(although without a registrar server defined, this will not happen, so CCA's Generic SIP may still work for him unless there are other differences).

Laura

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Graeme,

From the information above, I gather you need the following settings.  Please confirm:

1) Only Proxy Server needed on CCA SIP Trunk UI

2) Voice Codec is G711ulaw (Generic SIP)

3) Fax Protocol is Upspeed (Generic SIP)

4) RTP Payload for RFC2833 is 101 (Generic SIP)

Once confirmed, I can attached a template.

Thanks,

Laura

HI I have passed this back to the call provider, who is in trun passing to the SIP provider.

As soon as they confirm thent I will reply.

Ihave tried entering the details into the DEafult SIIP Page, but it didnt work, and SIP is not my areas of expertise.

Thanks for all help

Graeme

Graeme,

Your config seems totally possible only with CCA and with no XML. I would recommend you Telnet into the UC500 and do a "debug ccsip all" and make a test call. The output will show you SIP messages.

If you need asisstance decoding those messages either contact our Small Business Support Center or your SIP provider with those traces.

Navin

HI There,

I have finally got an answer from the VOIP provider

These are the answers to Lauras questions

2) Voice Codec is G711ulaw (Generic SIP)

We accept the European/UK Standard of G711-ALAW and G729, we do not support ULAW.

3) Fax Protocol is Upspeed (Generic SIP)

We only support T.38,

4) RTP Payload for RFC2833 is 101 (Generic SIP)

Yes is should be 101 

Thanks

Graeme

H Graeme,

The CCA SIP Service Provider XML file for VIBE is attached as requested.  Due to some outstanding issues in IOS, CCA limits configurations to a single voice codec.  This file for VIBE specifies G711alaw. If you need G729, another file will be needed.

If you have not already, please update your CCA to the latest version, 3.1.1.   From Configure > Telephony > Ports and Trunks > SIP Trunk, under Service Provider select the 'Add' option and provide the location of this file on your PC. 

Also take a look at this document for some more information and tips on SIP trunks on the UC500:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9830

Let us know how it goes and whether you need any further assistance.

Laura

Thanks for that its working now.

Though we have had to manually modify an ACL to allow 172 addresses.

Are thes 172.16.x.x addresses used becuse this is a multisite setup with a second site?

So we added

access-list 4 permit 172.16.0.0 0.0.0.255

Using CLI to ACL 4 (it was ACL 2, but I beleive that was the orignial SIP setup, and then when we added the new SIP template it seems to have been moved to aCL 4.)

#this was discvered using debugging which showed

To: <01313000671>

We have not setup a multisite setup yet, and other sites we have done do not use these 172.x.x.x adresses?

Thanks

Graeme