cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New VoIP Phone SPA525G2 - No incoming calls (Ring out ok)

sterngate.it
Level 1
Level 1

Dear support,

We have a new VoIP Phone SPA525G2 with Zen Internet with the public IP address (Static IP) with a new Draytek 2830n router. The issue is, there are no incoming calls but I can make outgoing calls to any number on that phone fine. When you ring the number from your own mobile phone, you can hear it dialling on your mobile but no incoming call or activity on the VoIP Phone.

When I logged into the phone via the interface from the IP address it says it’s registered successfully so I am entering the VoIP username and password correctly including the proxy address and port numbers are 5060.

What configuration am I missing? I have opened ports 5060 on the Draytek and port forwarded them also to the phone private IP address. We only have 1 IP phone.

The Draytek Router 2830n does not have VoIP features but someone said you don’t have to have a router that has VoIP. Would this be the issue.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "Small Business voice - SPA phones". You can move your post using the Actions panel on the right.

benjyking
Level 1
Level 1

I would say that more than likely the problem is with the router. Double check that it hasn't got any SIP 'assist' features such as SIP ALG and make sure they are turned off!

You could also try the phone with a different router or on someone else's connection and see if it works.

Also check the firmware for the Draytek, normally they have loads of different versions available which fix different things.

I hope that helps.

Regards... Ben

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you for reply Ben,

The Draytek don't have any VoIP featutres or settings or SIP. This modal is a 2830n.

Am i suppecting i should have a Draytek that supports VoIP.

Thanks