cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie question on UC560 voice system. Problem registering phones.

Brandon Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  I am a newcomer to the professional IT world, and have fairly limited experience with voice and networking.  My boss has assigned me the task of implementing our new voice system, and seeing as I'm the one IT guy here it all falls in my lap .  I'm having an issue with the UC560 voice system registering our SPA508G IP phones.  I believe the problem is that the UC560 IP address (192.168.10.1) lies on a different subnet than the phones (192.168.1.x).  I am also unable to access the UC560 from my office computer through CCA since it also lies on a different subnet.  Can anyone guide me in the right direction to fixing this so that the Cisco Configuration Agent telephony wizard picks up the IP phones automatically?  Thank you!

64 Replies 64

Not sure how to tell for certain if it is through the web GUI alone.  It says that IGMP snooping is disabled and says the IGMP version is v3. 

Can you turn it on please?

Cheers,

David.

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Mar 10, 2012 1:37 AM, "smitbrandon2" <

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Alright I turned on the IGMP snooping.  As a side note, I walked through my problem twice on the phone with cisco support.  They weren't able to find out what was going on and the recommendation was to restart the UC, which I am going to try later on today.

Brandon Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hey its working now after a reset!  Everything is in shape for going live here in the next couple days.  Thank you to all who contributed and helped me out, especially David!  Glad to know there is a wonderful community here who is truly helpful and won't bash you for not knowing anything   Thanks again.

Hi Brandon,

I think the appropriate response to that is... WoooooooooooooooooooooDoooooooooooo **Does the Homer Simpson Dance**

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *