cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Next UC320W Firmware Release

basiluk11
Level 1
Level 1

As it has been over a year since the last update, could we please have a pre release list of what is intended to be included within the release?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear sir;

The team is working on a quality limited release. Schedule is being worked out. Please stay tuned for further updates.

Regards;

Alberto

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

basiluk11
Level 1
Level 1

Bump................

Dear sir;

The team is working on a quality limited release. Schedule is being worked out. Please stay tuned for further updates.

Regards;

Alberto

Happy to hear this!

What's a quality limited release? is it bug fixes or does it bring new features?

Thanks

We need softphone support !

Its been a week I have purchased and installed this system and still I cant beleive that there is no softphone support for a VoIP system which writes "Cisco" on it !

Android and iPhone application is a must before anything else !

roger00713
Level 1
Level 1

Is there further word on when the next update will be released?

burak.ataman
Level 1
Level 1

Such questions have been tried many times in the past. You will never get a satisfying answer. I am already in the process of scrapping my 1 year old system and looking for much better ones.

It is anazing how a company with such an attitude has grown so much...

Jack Germanos
Level 1
Level 1

Not good good enough Cisco I have sold around 300 UC320's in the last 2 years. Just open it up already I remember the iPhone app was supposed to be implemented within 12 months of release its been 2 years work it out

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Not to put you on the spot, but how could you knowingly sell this crap to 200 customers? It has been a bug riddled heap from day one. I suspect you must spend most of your day hiding from your UC320 customers, or laughing the whole way to the bank.

In defense of the guy... I can see selling 200 and having happy customers, IF you select the right clients for this solution. Otherwise, you might spend a lot of time putting out fires.

Our oldest UC has been out since 2011 and they have been very happy. I use one in our own office and we have been happy, but obviously wish for additional features we thought might come in the future. They typical customer isn't sold on promises of what is to come, but what is here now.

I spent 8 hours at a client today, 4 hours were spent with my tech there too, so, 12 man hours, and this was partially because of a short coming of the platform. I'm not even sure we are going to get the voicemail to email functionality going since there is no Internet on the wan port.
Buttttt, this was not really the UCs fault. I would not have sold the system if I had known this was going to be the configuration required.

Pick your clients and solutions carefully :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

since there is no Internet on the wan port.

If Cisco would introduce an "Appliance-Mode" where the UC320 can connect with just one interface, that would make things much easier to implement. But still then the features are too limited so that I will probably dump my unit because of that.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

I think John said it right. Sell on what it does. And not what is might do.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

John Hoyt

The email thing sounds weird, i have mine working perfectly from the first test, i have VOICE only mode, WAN on the firewall (NAT), LAN on the local lan, i do have an internal mail server (i use Mercury, but would work with any

SMTP server), pointed the UC320w to the local mail server IP address on the LAN, and it sends mails no problem  Infact was one the first things i got working, it sends emails to multiple email addresses which the mail server handles.

Jack Germanos
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Cisco, an we get an update already? Or even an answer that's not political, a straight answer will do just tell me to get f$&?@ if you want I don't care I'm not that sensitive I just want to know when some new features will come out or even if you are bringing out a UC340 or UC360 just let is know my life has less suspense than your product

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: