cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexvortex & CallFwd / SNR - Anyone have this working?

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

Curious if anyone has the above working and might be able to provide some pointers? 

Inbound/Outbound calling is fine, and we can call-fwd to internal extensions.

When call forwarding to an external number, or setting up SNR the calls just fail (fast busy, no ringing).   We also tried transfering a 'live call' to an external party, soon as we hit the transfer key to complete the transfer the call drops. 

Thanks in advance for any guidance. 

7 Replies 7

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NYCisco,

The issue may be related to the outgoing caller ID being sent to the SIP provider.  Most providers will only accept calls from the DID’s that they provide you.  There are 2 solutions to this issue.  You could make a custom translation rule via CLI to force all outgoing calls to have a specific caller ID or you could contact the provider and have them accept all Caller ID’s originating from your location.  A good way to check if this is the issue you are encountering is by running a few debugs and look at the outgoing caller ID.

If this does not work please feel free to open a support case with Cisco Small Business.  The phone number is 1-866-606-1866.

Nexvortex does not require your outgoing caller id to match your account id.  You can change your outgoing id to whatever you want and Nexvortex accepts and passes it along to the next party.

I know I've used SNR with Nexvortex under 8.2.  But, I haven't used it recently - we had to redo our UC540 from scratch as the 8.6 upgrade failed and screwed up the cue.  I think this may have been because of a previous upgrade issue, so I wasn't too upset about it.

Before redoing everything with 8.6, I know I had SNR enabled and voicemail to external cell phone alerts working as well.  So the capability is definitely there.

Thanks all for your feedback and assistance  -- Glad to know that someone had this working so there is hope

Here's an update:

SNR/CFwd-External works great if an internal user calls the extension (it forwards out over SIP displaying the main CID number).  

It's just not working SIP to SIP (hairpin)

Provider shows the UC500 rejecting with error 503 service unavailable and a debug of ccsip messages confirms this.  

I have a similar issue.  I'm using floating extensions. 

if the receptionist transfers an inbound call to floating ext (pointing to an external #) the call drops.

if the call hits the AA either thru a transfer from an extension or by answering directly, then the floating extenion is dialed, the call completes successfully.

i have a ticket open with SB Tac 622056145 and one with nexVortex WTT-955-79508

Eric

Thanks Eric -- Glad to hear that we are not alone.  If you happen to come across a resolution I would love to hear it!

Also, tried the below but it made no difference:

telephony-service

no calling-number initiator

calling-number local

Thanks

bkwon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

since Nexvortex is not CCA certified SIP trunk SP, i not sure about the details.

could you try this, please update the result for further assistant.

telephony-service

no calling-number initiator

calling-number local

thanks

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck with resolving the floating extension call forwarding issue? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: