Views
Helpful
Replies

NexVortex uc320w DTMF issues with only some numbers

ainfranco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using NexVortex SIP trunk with uc320w.  Everything works fine with the AutoAttendant when we make calls using any 212 (areacode) numbers they have assigned to us.  When we try using the 866 number they assigned to us, the AutoAttendant does not detect DTMF tones.  The message just ignores all key presses.  NexVortex said its not their issue.  There isn't a special config for each number, all numbers come in on one trunk with one incoming rule.  Is there a way to debug DTMF on the UC320w?

Thanks!

11 Replies 11

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Anthony,

Please do WAN TCP dump at Configure Utility Status-> Support Tools-> TCP Dump -> Interface WAN Data.  Please pay attention to the incoming INVITE message SDP, there is DTMF payload type, by default it should be 101. If you can't figure it out, please attach the WAN TCP Dump in this thread, I will help you to investigate.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wendy and thanks for your help so far.

I cannot take a TCP dump today but I did contact NexVortex and they confirmed the DTMF payload type is 101 for both numbers (gateways) on their network?

Anything else to check?

Hi Anthony,

Could you please collect SIP trunk syslog at configure utility Status->Support Tools, check the SIP trunk where you will make inbound call. Please send the syslog to me at wenyang@cisco.com. I will investigate it for you.

Best regards,

Wendy

Ok so a limitation of the UC320W is that it handles DTMF handling globally and not per SIP TRUNK.  My provider, nexVortex sends two differnt DTMF payload values 100 and 101 based on the gateway their number comes from.  866 is 100 and other numbers (212s) come in with 101.  The UC320 listen to 101 not 100 thus my issue.  Both companies nexVortex and Cisco are blaiming each other and are not doing anything about my issue.  So who's problem is it? 

Hi Anthony,

Usually the service provider uses the certain payload type. It's strange that NexVortex uses both. Unfortunately UC320W only can set to either one globally. You may want to ask NexVortex to change to 101 at the gateway which maybe per SIP trunk for the number 866.

Best regards,

Wendy

Tested by NextVortex Engineer:- 'DTMF RFC2833 with RTP payload type 101'

ainfranco
Level 1
Level 1

This is the latest response from nexVortex...

Hello all,

Please advice that certain carriers do not use payload 101 for our enhanced services i.e Toll free. Further configurations need to be added and should be no issue to a Cisco agent or experienced Cisco tech agent

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

application session

destination-pattern 4965678

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:px1.nexvortex.com

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

! RTP payload type value = 101 (default)

!

dial-peer voice 3000 voip

application session

destination-pattern 2021010101

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:px1.nexvortex.com

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

rtp payload-type nte 100

! RTP payload type value = 100 (user assigned)

Hi Anthony,

Yes, Cisco voice GW supports different payload types for different SIP trunks (dial-peer). Unfortunately UC320W is a small business product with simple configuration. The payload tye only can be configured globally.

Best regards,

Wendy

You may want to list that limitation in your documentation before someone invests thousands in the system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: