cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Night mode toggles correctly but still playing open hours AA greeting

jadavies.jr
Level 1
Level 1

So I have night a night mode schedule setup and working with a UC540 but some Friday's the doctors office will be closed.  They can toggle the night mode by dialing *299 but it will still play the open AA greeting if it is during open hours.  Any way to adjust this so when Night mode is manually forced, it will also play the closed AA greeting?

7 Replies 7

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Have you verified the after hours greeting is applied to the closed hours AA? Have you checked to make sure those greetings have different audio?

Can you post the running configuration from CUE?

Thanks,

-john

Confirmed the Closed menu and Open AA have differnt recordings.  It works fine going by the system schedule but how do you force it into closed mode with night mode is the question... here are the config files CUE and IOS running config

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u70llbvw2cvw0vu/cue%20config.zip

Hello,

I don't think I was following you previously, my apologies.

There is no easy way to force the AA to night mode. Probably the best solution, is to create 2 separate auto attendants for day/night mode. Then using night service after hours calls will be directed to the second AA.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks, I think that will work, created a new AA (ext 402) and made both open and closed greetings the same using the closed .wav file and forwarded night service to 402 instead of 401 the normal AA.

Hi James,

Night service does not actually toggle the Open and Closed Hours AA.

If you want to use the night service toggle code to change the AA prompt you will have to implement a little workaround:

Inbound dial plan --> Floating Extension with Call Forward All to AA1 and Call Forward Night Service to AA2.

AA1 is your normal open hours AA.

AA2 is your closed hours AA but it must be configured under the open hours portion. 

With this setup you'll be using night service schedule and toggle code to switch the AA. Not the AA schedule and open and closed hours.

In this way you can use night service to go to another 'closed hours AA.'  Let me know if you have any questions.

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

Yeah, thats sort of what I just did except I left the main AA on the regular business schedule for the heck of it. 

On a side note, could the hours (schedule) configuration of the night service be any more confusing??  I still don't think I have it right for the client in question.

Biggest confusion is that the AA schedules and Night Service Schedules are not related at all.  A lot of people get confused by that.

However, the way you set it up you could actually have 3 different AA's.  If you use AA1's open and closed hours for as your normal business hours and closed hours AA then you have expected functionality.  Then when you toggle night service you could have that AA be for at lunch or something.

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: