Helpful
Replies

No caller ID in UK after firmware upgrade

mikep
Level 1
Level 1

My current firmware is 2.3.2 (6)

I am based in the UK

I recently upgraded my firmware (my previous version was from about a year ago sorry I can't remember the exact number) and now none of the phones are showing an caller ID (all phones are SPA504G).

I tried the PMF Caller_ID_Method  (v6) which kind of worked for a few hours (it added 900 at the beginning of the ID so the names in the directory didnt work but at least I could see the number eg. 900901234123456 it used to just show 901234123456)

But now that doesn't work either.

Any ideas anyone? I've spent most of yesterday trying things, and now I'm getting quite an ear full from our company Directors.

Message was edited by: Mike Parker Also I have the system Dial plan set on "Local calls are 6 digits"

55 Replies 55

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mike,

The inbound call is through SIP trunk or FXO? The inbound call routing is to AA or to an extension?

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

It is through a FXO (We have no SIP's)

To an extension. The extension is actually a group made up of 6 users.

Hi Mike,

Please capture FXO syslog when you make an inbound call. The syslog can be collected at Status->Support Tools in the configure Utility. Please send the syslog to me at wenyang@cisco.com.

Best regards,

Wendy

Thank you. I have just done as requested and sent you an email

Mike

it.department
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike

I am also a UK based UC320W user with analogue phone lines. I have CLID enabled on the analogue lines and have tested that the CLID is showing on a BT Paragon CLID enabled phone.  It works 100% on this phone - I can see the CLID of the incoming number each time.

Put the analogue line into the UC320W 2.3.2 (6) with SPA525G (7.5.4 latest firmware)  phones and ring the number - the CLID appears once the first time its rung (immediately after commiting a modification and hence restart of the system) and then it reverts back to fx-0 for any subsequent calls.

I am begining to wondered about this phone system - I have installed three now (Thought they were ideal for a small office with home workers). I was looking forward to rolling this out to others.  However, I have had to pull out one system, as client was so unhappy with the technical issues.  If I don't get the CLID fixed in the next couple of days I will be pulling another out.

Please can some help me with is?

I totally agree. We have had a number of problems with it since we installed it 18 months ago. That's why we held off upgrading the firmware. We only did this one as some of the bugs we were living with were reported fixed. Which they were but its brought up others.

Someone else has said on the forum "each firmware update is 2 steps forward 1 step back", and I totally agree.

We also told 3 of our clients to stay away from Cisco phones as it's not worth the hassle. - Especially rebotting the whole system everytime you make a change. - Not really acceptable in a business environment.

Hi Mike

Surely its not a difficult one to fix - my understanding of CLID is the infomation is transmitted just after the 1st ring, so I guess its a timing issue on the UC320W dealing with the incoming call.

You would hope that Cisco would be keen to keep on top these issues, but I see no one has come back to you or me on this one. 

I was hoping they would supply a PMF fix that I could install this weekend, but If they don't come back soon , I will have to take my second UC320W out of service, In case Cisco ask I am using a Cisco ESW520-8P PoE switch for phones  with firmware version 2.1.19 which the version Cisco reccommend with UC320W 2.3.2 (6)

Normally I would not consider this a major issue , but I promised the client I would fix it about a month ago, so have done huge amount of diagnostics on it, changing the FXo impedance, upgrade firmware on phones etc but no resolution .The client is dealing with a legal case and needs to see who is calling before he picks the phone up, I am about to lose face over another Cisco UC320W. :-(

I have been doing IT for 27 years - never been so disappointed with a piece of kit.

Mike Jones

Still hoping for someone to come back to me or Mike, I guess the Cisco team are 7 hours behind us.

I have not installed a UK Region pack on this system - does anyone know if that might make a difference?

I have just used the UK region thats embedded in the UC320W - seems to work

I am not going to install it as it might break something else.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18495

Forget my last post there is no UK Region pack.

Hi IT Dept and Mike,

I am very sorry that you have the caller ID issue for a while. We are definitely here to help you.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, we need to collect the advanced syslog other than simple syslog from the Configuration Utility, additionally perform an audio capture. Could you please contact the Small Business Support Center at the phone number listed (please pick the appropriate phone number in your region) in the link attached? One of our engineers should be able to assist you to collect the log and perform an audio capture.

Please let me know the case number. I will work together with the support engineer. My email address is wenyang@cisco.com.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Hi Wendy

I was speaking with Fredrick on Cisco Support as you suggested.

Unfortnatley we got cut off before he could give me a case ref.

He was going to send me a pmf.

Not sure when

Regds

Mike

Hello Mike,

we got cut off.

I sent you a PMF this morning. Can you please reply to my email with your phone number?

We have no records of your phone  number.

Regards,

Friedrich

Hi Friedrich,

We had a crossed line, I have sent my DDI to you, I have the PMF file (Caller_ID_method) thank you, but a little wary that there is no -undo PMF for this.

If I put this on is it likely to fix the problem and not break anything else?

Very nervous about making any changes I can't undo,

Regards

Mike Jones

Hello Mike,

I would like to have the chance to solve the issue.

To remove the PDF just do the following:

Removal:

1. If there is a corresponding UNDO PMF available download and save the Undo PMF to your PC
  2. Launch and log into the UC320W Configuration Utility.
  3. Click on the Status option at the top.
  4. Click on Devices submenu.
  5. Click on Alter PMFs button.
  6. Uncheck enable next to the PMF you wish to remove.
  7. Click the X button to delete the PMF
  8. If there is an UNDO PMF, Click the Add PMF form your PC button and enable the UNDO PMF.
  9. Apply the configuration.

Also see https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301

Will this will fix the problem? Yes I am confident.Used the same PMF last Friday for a customer from East Anglia.

Please call us / me to fix the issue.

Regards,

Friedrich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: