Helpful
Replies

No caller ID in UK after firmware upgrade

mikep
Level 1
Level 1

My current firmware is 2.3.2 (6)

I am based in the UK

I recently upgraded my firmware (my previous version was from about a year ago sorry I can't remember the exact number) and now none of the phones are showing an caller ID (all phones are SPA504G).

I tried the PMF Caller_ID_Method  (v6) which kind of worked for a few hours (it added 900 at the beginning of the ID so the names in the directory didnt work but at least I could see the number eg. 900901234123456 it used to just show 901234123456)

But now that doesn't work either.

Any ideas anyone? I've spent most of yesterday trying things, and now I'm getting quite an ear full from our company Directors.

Message was edited by: Mike Parker Also I have the system Dial plan set on "Local calls are 6 digits"

55 Replies 55

pg_cisco_voip
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Wendy,

But I understood I couldn't choose which FXO trunk. I use two different PSTN suppliers and need to be able to move between both when dealing out.

Maybe I've missed the ability to choose which trunk.  But it's a hugely important functionality.

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

You may want to configure shared FXO lines for these two different FXO trunks, so that you can press the different shared fxo line phone button to dial out through different service provider.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hello - have just read through the notes on this issue . We upgrade a Uc320 to the latest firmware and have lost the CLIP function. Just so we dont have ongoing issues in the live environment and can fix the issue quickly ; which firmware version will display CLIP and what is the easiest way of downgrading to that version of firmware

thanks paul

Hi,

The version that I rolled back to is: version 2.2.2 (1)

I rolled back by going to the upgrade option in the top right once you have logged in. From there you should be able to downgrade.

Just a note though: even though I had no problems downgrading and the caller id shows everytime now. It no longer displays the callers name in directory even though it used to before upgrading.

Also make sure your backed up before you downgrade !

Hope this helps

Mike

Hi MikeP /Paul

I have news of a potential fix with CLIP.  I have been working with Cisco Support for months on this.  I have latest firmware and had no CLIP on Fx-O and intermittent on FX-1. Was told it was a hardware fault (See my post 25/03/2013).

After some tweaking by Cisco tech on the back end of the UC320W it seems to now be working. Providing caller has not withheld their number you can see the Caller number.

I am just waiting a for chance to reboot. to see if it sticks.  I don't have a newer PMF yet , but I suspect that they will issue one soon if reboot is successful.

Regards

MikeJ

it.department
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  MikeP

Well its working now.  After 3 months and about 11 days of being on client site and £500 out of pocket and a very unhappy client, the latest PMF from Cisco tech works and CLi is now consistently working .

The one  they sent me was Bellcore.PMF, I had to disable the previous one (CLi.pmf (?)) cold boot UC320W and CLi appearing okay.

I now have a spare UC320W so will keep that as a emergency spare for the two sites I have with UC320W.

What I want now is an intercomm on this phone system, got any ideas?  I think it can be done but I think its SIP based.

Good luck - should you decide to go for upgrade to latest firmware.

Regards

MikeJ

Hi MikeJ,

How do we get the Bellcore.PMF? It does not seem to be listed with the main PMF files?

The lack of proper caller-id in the UK is driving me mad!

By the way, now the caller-id is working for you, does it match against the directory and display the caller's name correctly, or are you just getting the number displayed for known directory entries?

Thanks

Clive

Hi Clive,

The Bellcore_CallerID.pmf is just published. Please find it at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Hi Mike J

What version of firmware are you using with the patch?

Also I second the question by Clive

"By the way, now the caller-id is working for you, does it match against the directory and display the caller's name correctly, or are you just getting the number displayed for known directory entries?"

Glad to hear it's finally working for you. Been a long road...

Hi Mike,

The PMF works with release 2.3.2(6).

Currently you have to add the Personal Directory Entries through the phone menu to have the caller ID matched.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Hi MikeP

Its exactly how Wendy describes it ...

"The PMF works with release 2.3.2(6). "

"Currently you have to add the Personal Directory Entries through the phone menu to have the caller ID matched."

This works and you can attribute different ring tones to different contacts in the individual phone directory. I look forward to this working on the central directory, from Wendy's email this may be coming soon.

Clive - Wendy has given you link. for Bellcore.pmf

Regards

MikeJ

Thanks, but it still does not work for me on the FXO line (standard UK BT business PSTN line).

I have firmware 2.3.2(6) with three PMF's active:

1. Offer Release Candidate (v1)

2. Enable/disable redirection of calls (v0)

3. Call ID FSK Bellcore (v4)

I restarted the unit (both via software restart and full power off/on) and the caller-id only displays for the first incoming call on the FXO line. The first incoming call correctly matches to the phone's directory and displays the name. All subsequent incoming calls on the same FXO line just display 'fxo1'. The fact that the first call always works, shows this is a bug in UC320W's software.

Note, I also have two SIP lines, but these seem to be working correctly. Thr problem is only on the FXO line - which is where most of my incoming calls originate from!

So what now?

Thanks

Clive

Hi Clive,

Did you apply the configuration through the configure utility after installing the PMF? If yes, and it didn't solve the issue, please contact our small business support center (select your region from the following link). One of our engineers will be able to assist you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Hi Wendy,

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick! I had only restarted the device, I had not reloaded the configuration after setting the PMF active.

First tests look like it is working for the subsequent calls now.

Regards

Clive

Hi.

I have had to upgrade one of our systems to try and get it fully working. I tried installing the PMF and now it shows the caller ID as "90090XXXXXXXXXX" instead of "90XXXXXXXXXX"

The big problem is all the numbers are stored without the extra 900 at the beginning so don't show up. I can go through and change them but then when someone tries to dial out it doesnt work as 9009 is not recognised.

Any ideas?

Mike P