Helpful
Replies

No caller ID in UK after firmware upgrade

mikep
Level 1
Level 1

My current firmware is 2.3.2 (6)

I am based in the UK

I recently upgraded my firmware (my previous version was from about a year ago sorry I can't remember the exact number) and now none of the phones are showing an caller ID (all phones are SPA504G).

I tried the PMF Caller_ID_Method  (v6) which kind of worked for a few hours (it added 900 at the beginning of the ID so the names in the directory didnt work but at least I could see the number eg. 900901234123456 it used to just show 901234123456)

But now that doesn't work either.

Any ideas anyone? I've spent most of yesterday trying things, and now I'm getting quite an ear full from our company Directors.

Message was edited by: Mike Parker Also I have the system Dial plan set on "Local calls are 6 digits"

55 Replies 55

Hi Mike,

If the number stored is 90XXXXXXXXXX in which 9 is the outside steering digit, you don't need to change it but just dial it out. What is the dialing pattern when you dial out?

Best regards,

Wendy

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is not what is stored but if someone tries to dial back a call that was missed or answered. Because the phone is showing the number with the extra 900 at the beginning when they dial it says number not recognised.

Is there anyway this can be fixed? It just needs the 900 at the beginning removing from the ID therefor leaving

"90XXXXXXXXXX" instead of  "90090XXXXXXXXXX"

Hi Mike,

If you connect an anlog phone to phone line directly (bypassing UC320W), the caller ID shows with extra 900 such as 90090XXXXXXXXXX? If the extra 900 is provided by service provider, we can't remove it. You will have to manually remove 900 before dialing back.

Best regards,

Wendy

Thanks, but no the extra 900 is not added on a seperate analoge phone. The 900 has only been added since adding the Belcore PMF file.

EDIT:
Sorry my mistake, I thought I best test again.

I have turned off (and removed) the Belcore PMF to check that and the 900 is there at the beginning of the caller ID still (I applied settings and did a full OS restart). I have no other PMFs running and I am running the latest firmware. This 900 only started when I applied the latest firmware and Belcore file which i did at the same time so can't be sure what caused it.

Hi Mike,

Bellcore_CallerID PMF changes the caller ID method to Bellcore standard only. It should not add any digits in front of the caller ID. If it's the case, I will need to work with the developing team to troubleshoot what's going on.

Best regards,

Wendy

OK thanks. I will test a few more combinations and report back. I will arrange to send over the log file as well

Wendy,

I beleive I raised the same exact same issue with you in March (UC320W to SPA303/ SPA504G Simple Config Questions, March 25th).

Can I be linked in on the resolution of this problem?  As along with the caller IDs on FXO lines - this is my last key issue to resolved...

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter. It's good to see someone else with the same problem makes me sure it's not my end. Although I am sure you are fustrated as well.

Hi Wendy.

We are still getting the extra 900 show up on the caller ID

I have tested the following situations on firmware 2.3.2 (6)

• With the firmware with no PMF files
  • With only the Belcore PMF installed
  • With only the Caller_ID_Method (v6) PMF installed

Each time i applied the configuration changes and tested. Then I did a full OS reboot and tested. It still shows an extra 900 at the beginning.

I have tested this on firmware 2.2.2 (1) and can confirm there is no extra 900 at the beginning and the caller ID shows up fine. BUT it does not show the name of the caller from the directory successfully.

This again I am afraid shows it is a software issue and not a line or hardware fault.

I can also confirm I have tested it with 2 seperate analoge phones (a BT one and a Philips) and both show the caller ID fine.

Any help with this would be great.

Hi Mike,

Do you still have the case open with the Small Business Support team? What is the case number? I will look into the syslog if it is attached to the case. If not, I will ask the support engineer to collect one with you.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Mike,

Did you ever get any resolution to this issues?

I am becomgin v concerned that since pre-March Cisco haven't tried to address this issue and others, as they seem to have known that the model was to be discontinued.

Given a response from the Cisco representitive kvarshne it begs the quesiton will this issue and the CallerID issue be addressed?

In either case do let me know has this been resolved?  If not I beleive this needs to be raised as a product defect and addessed as such - whcih is a legal route.  A continued dispointment from Cisco.

Thanks

Peter

No we never got it resolved. Gave up in the end. It cost so much time and money trying to get it fixed.

I would not recommend anyone to waste their time on the small business cisco equipment.

Very very dissapointed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: