Helpful
Replies

NO Huntstop, Please!

Brook Powers
Level 1
Level 1

UC540 (8.1, 8.2) with SPA-525G2's. CCA 3.1.1

New config from factory defaults.

Every time we edit a phone extension we have to go back into the CLI and remove the HUNSTOP so users are not limited to one call at a time.

This may be related to SHAREd extensions, but I am pretty sure it just happens once you edit ANY extension.

Please fix this - its annoying.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

Confirmed that CCA does configure this always for Shared extensions that are dual-line.  However this should not be seen for Normal extensions that are dual-line.  

Octal lines seem to be handled differently since they do default to huntstop channel 8.

Laura

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brooke,

Can you please provide to me the exact scenario of what you are doing to reach this point, I would like to replicate this on my machine here and if it can be reproduced easily enough, add it to my list

Would love your feedback on this.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

Confirmed that CCA does configure this always for Shared extensions that are dual-line.  However this should not be seen for Normal extensions that are dual-line.  

Octal lines seem to be handled differently since they do default to huntstop channel 8.

Laura

Can Cisco eliminate this annoying change in the next release.

By default (even on shared extensions) the overwhelming majority of users will want the option to take multiple calls.

I dont think anyone would want that option taken away from them automatically.

Thanks.

Brook,

Yes!  This option for normal and share lines (both dual and octo)  is expected in the next CCA release.

However, the recommended setting for a share dual line continues to be huntstop channel from CCA. 

The thing about share dual lines is that the second incoming call will present only on the phone of the active call.  Other phones with that shared line will not be able to pick up the call.  This was done by design in CME  (for better or worse) to reserve the second channel for features such as three-party conference and call transfer with consultation. 

And due to this behavior, consider the scenario that an active call is on hold at the time the second call comes in.  The call wait beep will not be heard and the hunt for another matching DN or dial-peer will be triggered.  This will likely return the caller with a fast-busy tone (out of service), especially if configured from CCA since CCA requires all extensions (DNs) to be unique.  With huntstop channel on the DN, a busy tone will be returned  and any call forwarding for that DN will be triggered (such as to a different DN or voicemail).

Allowing further hunting seems to have the best use if there are other DNs or dial-peers that can match the number.  But again, this is not allowed by CCA (and not planned). Or for what seems to be your case, that call wait is particularly desired.  However, that has the risk of subsequent incoming calls not getting anywhere if not picked up on the call wait beep.

Hope that makes sense.

Laura

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: