cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No IP Address

paulvestuto
Level 1
Level 1

My phone just started failing today.  I have a Cisco SPA525G VOIP phone.  The lights on the right of the display are all flashing amber.  When I reboot, it tries to acquire an IP Address.  It says the network is ok, but after a period ot time trying to get the IPAddress via DHCP, it shows a quick message that DHCP failed.

The DHCP server is running.  The phone is plugged into the sasme hub as my laptiop, so the hub ans well as access to the network both work.   My soft keys show up, but no dial tone and I have the blinking lights.

How do I debug this kind of issue? 

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business voice - SPA phones". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

This issue has been resolved.  It turned out to be a bad port on the switch so it did not have ethernet connectivity, even though the phone indicated the ethernet was ok during the reboot process.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: