Views
Helpful
Replies

No sound calling from FXS to IP ext.

jmalcantara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

One of my clients is having this problem, whan calling from an FXS to an IP extension there's no outgoing sound and it's only when the call starts from an FXS. I tested this with different phones and calling from every FXS, the result is always the same.

The installation includes the UC320W with firmware 2.3.2 (6), one SPA8800, three SPA301, three SPA514G and all FXS ports active.

Any ideas?

JM

10 Replies 10

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi JM,

The problem happens for UC320 embedded FXS port or SPA8800 FXS ports as well? If you press the key of the analog phone, do you hear the DTMF tone?

Best regards,

Wendy

Hello Wendy

I was able to run some tests with my client today and found that the problem only affects FXS 3 and 4 of the SPA8800. These are the results:

FXS 3 and 4 to IP extentions = no sount or DTMF tones

IP extensions to FXS 3 and 4 = normal sound

FXS 3 and 4 to/from any other FXS (SPA8800 and UC320W) = normal sound

FXS 3 and 4 to/from FXO lines = normal sound

The tests included the use of different phones and even different wiring, results were consistent and specific to FXS 3 and 4 initiating a call to any IP extension.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

JM

Hi JM,

Please reboot and factory reset SPA8800. Here are the steps to factory reset SPA8800:

f. Connect an analog phone to the SPA8800 PHONE 1 port

g. Go off-hook, ignore the fast-busy or silence

h. Dial **** [four asterisks or stars]

i. Dial 73738# when prompted

j. Press 1 to confirm reset

k. Hang up when prompted

Please apply configure from the configure utility to push the configuration to SPA8800 after the factory reset.

If it doesn't help, SPA8800 seems to have the hardware issue. Please contact the Small Business Support Center at the phone number listed (Please pick the appropriate phone number in your region) in the link attached. One of our Engineers should be able to RMA the box for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Best regards,

Wendy

Hello Wendy

I followed your instructions and now the problem happens only when calling from the same FXS extentions to one of the IP extensions.

Best regards,

JM

Hi JM,

Please contact the Small Business Support Center to RMA the SPA8800.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wendy

I was able to replace today the SPA8800 with a new one and the same problems keep happening, this indicates a problem with the UC320W, right? unless both SPA8800 have the exact same problem. Today I also found another problem with the UC320W, the FXS doesn't transmit DTMF tones.

Best regards,

JM

Hi JM,

I am sorry to hear that you have the same issue with the new SPA8800. Please report the issue to the support engineer of the case to get the thorogh troubleshooting. Please send your UC320W configuration to the case by inputing the case number at the Issues or Suggestions section at Services-> Feedbacks in the configuration Utility. Please let me know your case number.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hello Wendy

I sent the configuration of the UC320W with the case number 624395843

Best regards,

JM

Hello Wendy

I was able to resolve the problem today with the great assitance of Harold Murillo from the SB Support Center, thank you Harold!

I had to reset the UC320W to factory default and reconfigure everithing from scratch. I susppect the issue was inherited from the configuration of the previuse firmware and the addition of SPA514G phones.

Now I have a new case open 524411653 to resolve the problem with no DTMF tones being transmited from the FXS port of the UC320W.

Best regards,

JM

Hi JM,

We appreciate your feedback. It's good to know that audio issue at FXS ports of SPA8800 has been resolved.

If you make a call from FXS of UC320W to any SPA phone, you don't hear the DTMF digit from the analog phone? Can you perform FXS/FXO loopback testing at Status-> Support Tools in Configure Utility? Is the result failed? If not, We will need to have audio capture at FXS port. The support engineer should be able to do it and analyze the outcome.

Best regards,

Wendy