cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Voicemail to Email

thawkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new UC560 and I cannot get the voicemail to email function to work.  I have tried relaying through multuple hosts (all of which I have confirmed working).  I have tried using hostnames and routing straight to an ip address and bypassing dns.  Is anyone else having similar issues with software pack 8.6.1?  I am at a loss as I have tried resetting CUE, resetting the UC560 and a combination of as many settings as are possible.

9 Replies 9

Hello Travis,

There are alot of things that could be set incorrect.

From the CUE web gui under SMTP settings you may try to send a test email. Please make sure that the relay for 10.1.10.0 network is enabled.

There are traces which are useful for troubleshooting this issue.

If you are using CUE 8.6.5 you may try to use the preloaded template e.g. gmail use your credentials and reload the cue module under the administration of the CUE.

If you do not feel comfortable troubleshooting the CUE you may just open a case with SBSC and resolve the issue.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Thanks for your response Alexander.  I have tried to send test emails through the CUE web gui using several different SMTP hosts and no luck so far.  I am using 8.6.5.  How do I make sure the relay for 10.1.10.0 is enabled?  I will look into the traces.

Thanks.

Travis

Hello Travis,

The relay on the SMTP server itself. It is common mistake to enable relay for the data vlan on the SMTP but the CUE sends email from its own network - in the default configuration of the UC it is 10.1.10.0.Also if you change the security settings for the SMTP please reload the CUE module.

HTH,

Alex

Alexander-

Thanks for clarifying.  I'm actually relaying through an external host so my traffic from the 10.1.10.0 vlan should be nat'd to the wan ip address.  I have done setups relaying through an internal Exchange server where I've had to give that subnet relay permissions on the server itself.  In this case I should just have to give my wan ip address or use authentication to allow the traffic through my smtp relay host.

What security settings for the SMTP are you referring to?  I'm not sure if I've changed that should require a reload of CUE or not.  Again, thanks for your efforts to help me out!

Travis

Hello Travis,

I mean the security setting on the CUE web gui e.g. http://10.1.10.1. Under System->SMTP settings.

From there you may send test email and aslso can change the security mode.

Also it is good to check if you have DNS set under CUE under System-> Domain Name Settings.

Also you may put ip address instead of FQDN to check if it is working like this.

HTH,

Alex

Alexander-

Thanks again for all of your recommendations!  Unfortunately, I have already tried setting the DNS under the System -> Domain Name Settings and I have tried sending to the ip address instead of the FQDN of the smtp relay host.  I've done about 10 or so of these systems before and never had this issue so I feel like either I'm completely missing something or there's a problem with the unit itself.  Do you know if there are any diagnostics I can use on the UC or CUE to help troubleshoot smtp issues?

Thanks again.

Travis

You can do traces for the 'smtpclient' and 'msgnotif' in the CUE command line.

You can also do a packet capture on the ISE interface via RITE to catch the problem.

Another thing I recommend: telnet to your email server from IOS on your UC just to verify that you can successfully connect and get the server banner.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

Daniel-

Thanks for your assistance.  I can see how to enable the traces from the CUE CLI but how do I read them once they're enabled?

Also, if I login to the CUE web gui and attampt to send a test email, the page submits the form and my web browser says "Waiting for 10.1.10.1..." and it never refreshes the page.  Eventually my web session locks up and I am forced to close the browser window.  This happens in Firefox, IE and Chrome even after reloading the CUE module.

I'm not sure if that helps or not but I'm trying to give any information I can.  I did also find a couple of other posts of users having similar issues with 8.6.1 so maybe I'm not alone after all.

I am almost guessing that your NAT is not properly configured for the 10.1.10.X network to reach the internet.  Can you PING an outside host like www.yahoo.com?  Also I have written some notes on my webpage on how to test SMTP from teh CUE CLI...  http://www.niktek.com/content/view/70/41/ and how to get exchange 2007/2010 to relay the email  Again the voicemail to email sends from the IP address 10.1.10.X voice vlan by default not the 192.168.10.X data Vlan.  One big mistake people make is to allow relaying from the 192.168.10.X device where X is the phone system IP on the data side... and voicemail to email will get denied because it is really coming from a different IP subnet (10.1.10.1).  So double check that.  Also if you can not get other outside SMTP relays to work... it may be that the 10.1.10.1 address can not get internet access which would explain why those are failing.  Is the Uc500 device the firewall in this installation or do you have a different device providing the firewall/WAN access.. double check the NAT statements and if they allow that subnet to the internet and that they can ROUTE back to that subnet.  So you should be able to PING 10.1.10.1 from the firewall or router (wan) device..

John Nikolatos

www.niktek.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: