Helpful
Replies

Non Cisco Devices

CHRIS YEO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Here is a link from Mitel:

http://www.channelpartnersonline.com/news/2011/09/mitel-adds-apple-iphone-ipad-to-uc-software.aspx

These guys are talking about iphone, ipad, playbook and tablets with their UC solution.  Will we be getting some stuff like this in the future?

Thanks!

Chris

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris,

Besides being a bit gimmicky by Mitel as I understand it this is all coming into the UC-500 series family as per some previous announcements, although in tradition with Cisco's policy no formal time frames have been issued by them.

I am eagerly awaiting for this stuff myself, and I see that Cisco CIUS is on its way which will be a power house of a system, especially running on the Android Platform.

I beleive we will see the full power of Cisco-Jaba come into play with the whole Cisco Unified structure and once it is available on the UC-500 series we will have many of cool things to play with

Right now Cisco Mobility Application on Android based phones still does not work officially with the UC-500 (You can make it work but not supported) and Cisco Mobility on the iPhone works only with Call Manager based system (Officially) not CME based systems.

There will be some interesting times ahead...

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I believe Cisco mobile for the iphone is supported in CME 8.5 that is available for ISR’s now, and it seems UC500 software back with 8.5 cme will be released just before Christmas.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: