cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Issues UC320W

brettclavier
Level 1
Level 1

So here is my problem, I have a UC320W behind an SA500 (or 520, not exactly certain). However, I am not using the WAN port to connect the UC320 so it is not updating the NTP to the correct time (Jan 2000 is its current time). Other than using the WAN port, is there another way to get this device to connect to an NTP server or can I set the time myself? I couldn't find the settings to do so.

5 Replies 5

Hi Brett,

In the 2.0 firmware release of UC320W the WAN connection is required.  The UC320W is preconfigured to connect to an NTP server in the Cloud via the WAN port.  One option you could do is create another VLAN on the SA500, make one of the SA500 an access port on that VLAN and connect the UC320W to that access port.  This will give you a topology that looks like this:

(Click to enlarge)

This way you can still use the SA500 for security and data VPN capabilities.  The above topology implementation is described in the Smart Designs UC320W Grayfield Implementation Guide.

Hope this helps.

Chris

How does one access this "Smart Designs UC320W Grayfield Implementation Guide" this looks like an important peice of documention.

Keep in mind ... the UC320 is sold directly to small buisness constomers and not just to channel partners like the UC500 series.  This type of documentation is what can make Cisco the leader for deployments of this size.

Christopher,

The smart designs can be obtained by going to

www.cisco.com/go/smartdesigns

The UC300 smart designs are in here

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/smb/tools_and_resources/unified_communications_300.html

The note you are looking for is

Application Note - Deploying in an existing Small Business Network

Also Chris, the UC320 is never sold directly to End customers or in retails stores. Cisco sells UC320 only through Cisco Partners.

Thanks and let us know if you have further questions.

Navin

focusonit
Level 1
Level 1

I believe in version 2.1 there is an option to set the time via a SPA handset.

Is anyone aware of this feature? I'm not with the unit at the moment it's on site (was meant to be seperate system but at the last minute customer decided they need to plug some PC's into phones so I can no longer use the WAN port)

Release Notes for Cisco UC320W Firmware Version 2.1.1

Clock settings: If the WAN is not connected or the NTP server is not

reachable, you can set the system clock from a phone. Be aware that this

manual setting will be lost if the Cisco UC320W loses power.

To set the system time by using a Cisco SPA300 or SPA50x Series IP

phone:

a. Press the Setup button.

b. Select Time/Date. Enter the date in the mm/dd/yy format. Press * or #

for the forward slash. For example, enter 10*01*11 for Oct. 10, 2011.

c. Press the down-arrow navigation button, and then enter the time in

hh:mm:ss format. Press * or # for the colon. For example, enter 6*21 for

6:21.

d. Press the down-arrow navigation button, and then enter the time zone

Offset in ±H:m:s format. Press * for + or # for -. Press * or # for the colon.

For example, in the U.S. Pacific Time zone, enter *8*00 for -8:00.

e. Press save.