Helpful
Replies

One Way audio wireless bridge

jorgeperalta
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am trying to connect two offices, with wireless bridge

my client has at the principal office,   RV042- - - -UC320W(this works as DHCP for voice and data)- - - -SG100-16 Switch- - - NS5 Ubiquiti antena( Bridge-Accespoint)- - - Street- - -(second office)---- NS5 Antena(Client)- - - SD2008 (Switch)-- - -  Telephones, Computer and WAP200 Accespoint

the first office is working fine, but on the second office the voice is only working one way only the calls from first office to second are listen, but when a person trys to call to someone from the first office there is no audio. what i see is that the phones from the second office are receiving data IP`s from the UC320W.

How can i make that the phones from the second office register to the Voice Lan?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Com-Media
Level 1
Level 1

I think you need to change the switch in the second office.

The SD2008 is a normal switch without anything. The SG100 have an VLAN option. From the first to the second office both Lan's would be submitted, but from the second Office to first Office only the Data Lan.

Maybe you can make a test with an SG200 or SG300

Regards

Hi,

I'm not familiar with your wireless equipment.  The requirements that we place upon it is that it either has to support two different channels, one for each VLAN (1 native untagged, and 100 tagged), or it needs to transparently pass both tagged and untagged traffic.  It sounds like it is only passing the untagged native VLAN 1 traffic, which puts your phone on the wrong subnet.

Hope this helps.

Chris

jorgeperalta
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks

i will try to change the Switch from the second office first if this doesn`t work i will change the wireless equipment, any recomendation from cisco equipment that can manage this

Jorge

jorgeperalta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i solve it adding a SF-300 on the second side and the wireless antenas on WDS mode, the ony problem now is the one way audio with the SPA514G Phones the SPA301 work excelent