Helpful
Replies

Out of sync CUE / localization files AGAIN

mattkjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

As per my discussion topic four months ago:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2032775?tstart=0

The same thing seems to have happened again but in reverse.

Instead of this time having access to only 8.0.2 localization files and a 7.1.3 CUE, this time the latest release (downloaded early last week) had an 8.0.3 CUE installation but both the cisco CCO and file exchange only had prt1 localisation files for 7.1.3 and 8.0.2 (and the 8.0.2 file is not compatible with 8.0.3 cue).

I noticed that as of last thursday, the UC560 release 8.0.5 is on the download sites, so I am downloading that as we speak, however unless this contains 8.0.2 version of CUE, I am still going to experience the same issue.

Why is it that there seems to be such a continued issue with releasing the right files together?

This causes much time wasteing and fustration while just trying to localise (should be a simple, quick procedure) and get on with the configuration!

I will post a reply when the 8.0.5 release has downloaded, but I already fear the worse.

Could someone please let me know why this keeps happening?

Kind Regards,

Matt Johnson

1 Reply 1

mattkjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Latest download from file exchange completed;

As I expected, the CUE version is 8.0.3 (RC3).

My question, where do I get the UK localization files that will work with this? They don't seem to exist.

Am I also right in thinking I need to stick with 7.1.3 to ensure I can have a localized CUE that doesnt suffer from the recent Jitter voicemail bug with UC560?

If so, which version of the software pack should I be using?

Also, to add insult to injury, the 8.0.5 download seems to be completley corrupt;

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\UC560_8.0.5.zip: The archive is corrupt

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\UC560_8.0.5.zip: The archive is corrupt
!   C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\UC560_8.0.5.zip: CRC failed in uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA3a. The file is corrupt

So that was another 30 minute 250MB download time wasted!

Why is it that there is ALWAYS so much trouble getting UC5xx files correct/compatible?

I have never deployed a UC5xx system without running into some silly problem such as this right off the bat; and if i leave the factory-shipped IOS on the device, I end up running into crashdump terriroty due to bugs in CUE.

Currently feeling like I can't win and it's always the customer that suffers for delayed deployment times/bugs/crashes.

Any feedback would be appriciated, as would the location of a working, localized 8.0.2/8.0.3/UC560 package with no known major show-stopping bugs.

Thanks again,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: