Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Caller ID Issues

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

Hit an annoying issue on Friday which I have been looking at over the weekend and need to try and get resolved before it drives me mad (Might be too late for that )

The client requested that certain phones display their own DID for their caller-id instead of the primary number associated to the 100 number In-Dial, this was setup using CCA (3.0.1) and has now since been managed with CCA 3.1.1.

No matter what I try there I cannot get the CLID to appear as that extensions DID, it just keeps coming up as the primary number.

Please See Screen Shot:

CallerID-Outbound.png

I cannot for the life of me see what is going wrong, the ISDN debug does not even yield any results which is odd... Is this a bug I have hit or I wonder if I am configuring something wrong???

Would like to canvass the community first before I log a case with SBS.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
5 Replies 5

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Gidday David

Was  a Q.931 debug run as part of your ISDN debugging.

A Q.931 debug ( please brief) would be interesting to see, but if it's still sending out the main site number as the calling party number, yeah you could have a point..might have to place a call with SBSC.

regards Dave

Hi David.. (Man there is a lot of us around these days)

Yeah I have debugged this baby to death I guess the most eloquent way of putting it, I am flogging a dead horse with a massive whip

No matter what it just seems to ignore the translation rules/profiles that CCA Configured, I am testing this out now on another clients system that has E-1, just waiting for them to arrive so I can get their permission to do it, don't like commandeering a system without their go-ahead

Darren,

I am a CCA man through and through The only thing I do in CLI nowadays are things that CCA does not support or if I am purposely trying to break a system to see a particular reaction... Or If I need the UC to do unnatural things which it was not intended to do.... Like make it sing or something like that

For some reason the machine only wants to push out the Primary number, well this is what the Q931 debug shows and the other debugs running, but I am also making sure that Telstra do not have an enforcement of the primary CLID push going on, for some reasons it has been known in the past that they do not allow auxiliary number presentation unless requested to be allowed.

I am about 40-60% convinced I might be hitting a bug, but then again this system has some really groovey issues that have plagued it from day one SIGH!!!

Thanks for the responses anyway I appreciate them...

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello David,

If this is a full CCA config, you should be able to use CCA to modify the outgoing caller-id.

I would suggest that you check the running config to see what is happening.  With a T1 line, the last translation the UC500 should hit is the one applied to the T1E1 trunk group.  This outgoing translation will "usually" use translation rule 4 to modifiy the outgoing caller ID.  It should look something like this:

voice translation-rule 4

rule 1 /801/ /8005551212/

rule 15 /^...$/ /8005551000/

You may also need to look at the T1E1 trunkgroup to find out exactly what rule is being used for the outgoing translation.

Thank you,

Darren

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SIGH!!!!

Still no further progress on this issue, it is really doing my head in...GRRRRRR!!!!

CCA shows one thing and the CLI shows another, and each time I make a change and apply it, something changes but not the request I put in....

I am under attack from the Cisco Green Gremlins.

Still waiting for the incumbent to arrange a time to do some testing with them just to make sure the PRI is working, but their cogs turn sooooooooooo slowly I believe I could watch the weeds grow in my garden before this happens.

At the moment I am presently waiting before I log a case on this, mostly to avoid locking up valuable resources with the SBS, and also until I cam eliminate everything on my end, and it would seem no one else has come across this problem before...DARN IT!!!

Cheers,

David.

If CCA and the CLI are not showing the same thing, and/or CCA configuration being pushed is not what you expect, there is a problem with CCA.  Can you share any of your running config?  I would expect this to work OK (translations and dial-peers).

Laura

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: