Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing callerid voice translation rule help needed

Brian Rapier
Level 1
Level 1

More config fun.

With all of our remote  locations, the outgoing callerid is a pretty big piece.  We have run  into another road block with the limit of 15 outgoing callerid rules 1  being the default and 14 custom.  With that in mind I am trying to clean  up/combine some of the rules but the syntax is giving me a migraine.   Here is just one example of what I am trying to do.

For one  location they have extensions 3248 - 3253.  When I try to add the range  of exts I get an error so I must separate them into 2 rules since it  does not seem to like the changing of the 3rd digit.  SO here are the  rules it will allow me to create:

rule 12 /^325\([0-3]\)$/ /9055555555/
rule 14 /^324\([8-9]\)$/ /9055555555/
Of  course I have multiple sites that a similar ext range setup so its  causing me to use 2 or more rules for each site and of course I have hit  the 14 rule limit without completing the config.

So the question  of the day is, how do I combine those two rules into one?  I have read  through the how-to and syntax, but I am just not grasping it to make it  do what I need.

Any more help out there?

Would this work?

rule 14 /^32\([48-53]\)$/ /9055555555/

Brian
6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update systems software, to use 100 rules now.

I am running 8.6 now.  Whats the update?

Or is the limitation in the cca?  If needed I can add more rules via CLI, though I know its frowned upon.

I have no idea about CCA, as it not good to professionally maintain demanding systems.

You can configure 100 rules with CLI (I stand corrected for having said 200 before).

Alright I will give it a shot and report back on the progress.  Thanks

You can also use a COR configuration for that. Certain phones will be forced to use a certain outgoign DP, that will set the calling number as desired, with clid command.

Okay the 15 limit seems to be with the CCA.

As soon as I add rule 16 the the voice translation rule 4, CCA drops them all from the listing.  But the rules still work.

While this is okay for me as I know its a change made in the CLI, as soon as the next person comes along and makes a change via CCA, it will wipe out all the rules.  While this should not happen as I am the only person with access, it would be much easier if they just showed up in the CCA.

If I go back in via CLI and delete the 16th rule, all the other rules populate in CCA.

I went through the readme's on the new CCA release but did not see any reference to this.

I will keep plugging along and see what we can get working.