Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing callerid voice translation rule help needed

Brian Rapier
Level 1
Level 1

More config fun.

With all of our remote  locations, the outgoing callerid is a pretty big piece.  We have run  into another road block with the limit of 15 outgoing callerid rules 1  being the default and 14 custom.  With that in mind I am trying to clean  up/combine some of the rules but the syntax is giving me a migraine.   Here is just one example of what I am trying to do.

For one  location they have extensions 3248 - 3253.  When I try to add the range  of exts I get an error so I must separate them into 2 rules since it  does not seem to like the changing of the 3rd digit.  SO here are the  rules it will allow me to create:

rule 12 /^325\([0-3]\)$/ /9055555555/
rule 14 /^324\([8-9]\)$/ /9055555555/
Of  course I have multiple sites that a similar ext range setup so its  causing me to use 2 or more rules for each site and of course I have hit  the 14 rule limit without completing the config.

So the question  of the day is, how do I combine those two rules into one?  I have read  through the how-to and syntax, but I am just not grasping it to make it  do what I need.

Any more help out there?

Would this work?

rule 14 /^32\([48-53]\)$/ /9055555555/

Brian
6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update systems software, to use 100 rules now.

I am running 8.6 now.  Whats the update?

Or is the limitation in the cca?  If needed I can add more rules via CLI, though I know its frowned upon.

I have no idea about CCA, as it not good to professionally maintain demanding systems.

You can configure 100 rules with CLI (I stand corrected for having said 200 before).

Alright I will give it a shot and report back on the progress.  Thanks

You can also use a COR configuration for that. Certain phones will be forced to use a certain outgoign DP, that will set the calling number as desired, with clid command.

Okay the 15 limit seems to be with the CCA.

As soon as I add rule 16 the the voice translation rule 4, CCA drops them all from the listing.  But the rules still work.

While this is okay for me as I know its a change made in the CLI, as soon as the next person comes along and makes a change via CCA, it will wipe out all the rules.  While this should not happen as I am the only person with access, it would be much easier if they just showed up in the CCA.

If I go back in via CLI and delete the 16th rule, all the other rules populate in CCA.

I went through the readme's on the new CCA release but did not see any reference to this.

I will keep plugging along and see what we can get working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: