Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing FAX is going out the SIP instead of FXO Trunk

JSChasle1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a physical fax hook up to my FXS port 0 and a physical line to my FXO port 0.  For an unknown reason when I am sending faxes now it tries to go out from a SIP line instead of goign out the FXO Port.  I know the phycical line is working as when we receive fax it is being handle by the UC540.  I tried looking into the Dial Plan -> Outgoing but ould not find how to setup it.

What I would want is that the Fax (Also using FXS Extention 301) will always and only use th physical Trunk.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You need to create a new dial plan entry with a new access code. Then only assign the FXO trunk group to be used by that access code. You can change the priority of the trunkgroup being used on the existing dial plan entry, but this would affect all calls.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You need to create a new dial plan entry with a new access code. Then only assign the FXO trunk group to be used by that access code. You can change the priority of the trunkgroup being used on the existing dial plan entry, but this would affect all calls.

Thanks,

-john

From Dial Plan->Outgoing; then the [Add Number] button.  In the access Code I can only put 1 Digit, they are all set to 9 (as 9 is the outgoing line).

When you said add a different acces code oyu mean like putting "8", Then I would dial the fax number as follow 8,(AREA CODE) XXX-XXXX instead of 9,(AREA CODE) XXX-XXXX.

So I Would add a Local Number: [2-9]xx[2-9] with 10 digits and National 1[2-9]xx[2-9] with 11 digits?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, create a new dial plan entry using a new access code, like 8.

Recreate the dial plan entries the fax would need to dial, so local/national/and possibly toll free.

Thanks,

-john