cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing SIP Call

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to place a call on my SIP trunk I get "Unknown Number".  The incoming call on the SIP trunk works fine.  I have a separate access code for my SIP trunk so when I press 7 it goes to my SIP trunk.  Now, it was working before but I've done a couple of upgrades on the UC520 and just noticed it's no longer working.  As well, when I do the dial-plan diagnostic test it finds the sip match.  I don't get it.  What CLI commands can I use to troubleshoot this problem?  Any ideas as to where the problem might be?

dial-peer voice 1020 voip

corlist outgoing call-local

description **CCA*North American*SIPTrunk-Local**

translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Outgoing

preference 1

destination-pattern 7[2-9]..[2-9]......

voice-class codec 1

voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

ip qos dscp cs5 media

ip qos dscp cs4 signaling

no vad

3 Replies 3

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

It would be best to post the entire config, but remove passwords.

For debugs...

debug ccsip messages

debug voip dialpeer inout

MICHAEL CARTER
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Joseph,

I have a similar problem with my SIP trunk - did you resolve this issue?  What was the root cause?

Yours sincerely,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

It was the Caller-ID number.  If I didn't fill in the Caller-ID on the SIP trunk or used my Main Company number (on my PSTN trunk), the call wouldn't go out properly.  Once I changed the Caller-ID to the main number my SIP provider gave me, the outgoing calls worked.

To view what was going on I used:

debug ccsip message

I also turned on logging to the console because I always turn it off when I don't need it:

config t

logging console debugging

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: