Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead paging through fxs

davidbelanger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried hooking up some old paging amplifier (the ones you plugged into the paging port on plain old pbx systems) into an fxs port on the UC540 ? Or should I be using an fxo port instead ?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

I have agonized over this for over 2 years now, and still have never found a cheap stable solution.

Recently though I found this Powered LIU that can plug into old AMP's and then plug into the FXS port of a UC (Click HERE)

The model you should be looking at is "Auto Answer LIU - A7 AAD" However the actual model number you want to work with the FXS port is the "A7 LLV" this particular model closes the FXS circuit if there is no activity on the port after 5 seconds, this is vital as it will stop FXS ports being locked up, which is common ground.

No matter which way you look at it, they should either provide an RCA port or even a 3.5mm Jack for paging, this would make life so much easier as 80% of sales are to existing sites with older phone systems and paging devices, 20% if you are lucky are to green field sites, but even then you either still have to resort to an old analogue setup or best case a SIP based one (Which requires CLI programming as CCA does not support this yet).

Look at the ones listed, if you are in Australia Derek will look after you, if you are not then the information on this will help guide you to obtaining the right one.

NOTE: The model number listed is the one our incumbent "Telstra" uses so I am confident that it is a pretty good device.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Great, thanks a lot for the quick answer, my customer will have a chat with our sales representative for some additional hardware, I've found some information about the Norelco TPA 40 wich may also work with our setup here.

Sorry for the late answer, I'm in Canada here

Cheers !

David B.

Hi David,

No worries I am glad you found something that would work, that's what it is all about.

Although can I ask that if the suggested product works, can you please list up here the Model number, any additional parts and how you got it to work

This will go a long way for others looking for a similar solution

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: